PDA

View Full Version : Interesting drillpress table lift

Bill Dufour
11-09-2022, 11:00 AM
Saw this in a farm sale ad on C-list. Place is overrun with junk.
Bill D.

Randall J Cox
11-09-2022, 5:28 PM
I have an old Delta 15" DP that came out of HS wood shop that I restored. Great little DP! Didn't have a way to move table up and down, other than lift it. Ended up using a trailer tongue raiser mounted upside down and Ubolted to the main support post. Had to fab a bracket to fit the table, but other than that works great. Bought at HF for $19 on sale some years ago. supposedly a 1k lifting capacity. Not my original idea, saw on some woodworking site some years back. Randy

Keith Outten
11-11-2022, 2:03 PM
The table raiser is nice but the XY table is a must have for me. That's why I use a Mill/Drill instead of a drill press.

Maurice Mcmurry
11-11-2022, 4:49 PM
I watch this video from time to time because the Gentleman has a drill press just like mine and he reminds me of my Grandpa. His hands in particular.

https://youtu.be/gJYWUX0g6A8

Keith Outten
11-12-2022, 11:10 AM
That little XY table that he is using in the video is the same one I used om my last drill press. I retired the little XY table to my storage shed when I bought my mill/drill with a power feed. The XY tables are a good solution for machining keyholes in wood and plastic materials, using a high RPM you can machine keyholes in one pass.

Tom M King
11-12-2022, 6:25 PM
Here's the lift I put on one of my 1150's. I forget what brand machine it came off of. It's easier to use it for fine adjustment of depth than the otherwise good depth stop on the Powermatic.

Maurice Mcmurry
11-12-2022, 7:08 PM
Here it is for those of us who have had a beer. That is a nice feature!

Doug Garson
11-12-2022, 7:30 PM
I have an old Delta 15" DP that came out of HS wood shop that I restored. Great little DP! Didn't have a way to move table up and down, other than lift it. Ended up using a trailer tongue raiser mounted upside down and Ubolted to the main support post. Had to fab a bracket to fit the table, but other than that works great. Bought at HF for $19 on sale some years ago. supposedly a 1k lifting capacity. Not my original idea, saw on some woodworking site some years back. Randy
Mind posting a picture? I'm looking for ideas for my Delta Milwaukie Homecraft Rockwell bench top drill press. I've added some counterweights but it's still awkward to raise.