PDA

View Full Version : Thank you veterans

mike calabrese
11-08-2022, 10:12 PM
What a great country we have here in America. Freedom, opportunity and a thousand other benefits we enjoy every day.
Lets us not forget who made this all possible, our Veterans, the Sons and Daughters of America who stand for us all and protected all that we have.
So many have given so much and the many who gave all .
I am not a veteran but I try like us all to be proud and in endless honor of our Veterans who made it all possible.

To all Veterans , every Veteran I meet I say one thing from my heart......I get to be here free in America because of you, our Veterans were there when America called. THANK YOU....We, I, will ever be grateful and NEVER FORGET..
mike calabrese

Dave Zellers
11-08-2022, 10:24 PM
Two thumbs up. Not enough young people understand how important winning WWII was and the importance of a strong defense.

Thank you to all who have served this great country in any capacity. National, State and Local.

Our flags will be out this weekend.

David Dalzell
11-09-2022, 1:40 PM
Two thumbs up. Not enough young people understand how important winning WWII was and the importance of a strong defense.

Thank you to all who have served this great country in any capacity. National, State and Local.

Our flags will be out this weekend.

I have always thought every able bodied American should do some sort of national service. Military, maintaining forests, community work, Peace Corps, nursing homes/hospitals, something to help improve our country.

Keegan Shields
11-09-2022, 3:38 PM
I have always thought every able bodied American should do some sort of national service. Military, maintaining forests, community work, Peace Corps, nursing homes/hospitals, something to help improve our country.

Agreed. I've always thought this would be a great antidote to our rising partisanship as well. Having the opportunity to work and live with people different from yourself breeds empathy - which is in short supply these days.

I like to celebrate Veterans Day by reading a Medal of Honor citation.

Here's a great one:

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/nhhc/browse-by-topic/heritage/awards/decorations/medal-of-honor/world-war-ii-medal-of-honor-recipients/cdr-ernest-edwin-evans.html

Here is a more descriptive narrative about CDR Evans and the USS Johnston during the Battle off Samar.

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/nhhc/browse-by-topic/wars-conflicts-and-operations/world-war-ii/world-war-ii-profiles/evans-of-johnston--dd-557-.html

Jeff Clode
11-09-2022, 6:32 PM
So true….Dalzell for President

Bill Dufour
11-09-2022, 8:54 PM
Applebee's is once again offering a free meal for vets and active service members on Veterans day.
Bill D

Bryan Hall
11-11-2022, 1:36 AM
Thanks for posting this. As a vet, from a family of vets, this means a lot to all of us.

Frederick Skelly
11-11-2022, 7:52 AM
Thanks to all who served.

Keith Outten
11-11-2022, 1:01 PM

This is the 2022 Veterans Day Poster.

To all who served and a shout-out to my old Navy buddies, thanks for your service and the sacrifice you made. Only 7% of Americans are veterans, they are all very special people. To our Vietnam Combat Veterans I started the Freedom Pens Project mostly in your honor to make sure what happened to you never happens again.