PDA

View Full Version : Part one- walnut bedroom set

justin byers
11-07-2022, 12:06 PM
My little kiddo turns two this month, and he’s got a friend coming in December. Figured rather than building another crib I would just build him a bedroom set. Part one is a 6 drawer dresser. Solid walnut dovetailed case, tulip poplar dovetailed drawers. Soft close side mount slides and solid brass pulls. Sanded to 500 grit and finished in odies oil, mostly because it’s so easy to repair. Bed is done too, but the wife hasn’t sent me the pics yet. Side tables are this months fodder. Before the purists comment, I prefer narrow pins, but the boss does not, so we compromised and I cut wide pins. Haha

Christian Hawkshaw
11-08-2022, 7:00 AM
Very nice, clean design. It has a Thomas Moser feel about it. I have the opposite situation as you do. Both of my kids are in grad school and will be out of the house soon. My Boss has decision on the next bedroom furniture set, and she is threatening me with painted furniture. I hope I can find something else she likes, but she has put up with my mission furniture run, so it is her turn.

Greg Parrish
11-08-2022, 7:26 AM
Absolutely beautiful Justin. Love the look of walnut. Thanks for sharing.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-08-2022, 7:18 PM
Gorgeous figure in that walnut! Nicely done, Sir!

Maurice Mcmurry
11-08-2022, 7:48 PM
Very Very Nice! (Not letting the darling look over my shoulder).

Patrick McCarthy
11-08-2022, 9:13 PM
Justin, nice clean lines, love walnut. you did a fabulous job on the grain matching, sir.

You have every right to be very proud.

Congrats on the expanding clan; it is what life is all about.

Best, Patrick