PDA

View Full Version : Rock Auto will not sell me the cheap wiper blades

Bill Dufour
11-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Rock auto has a dealer closeout of cheap wiper blades that fit my car for $1.07 each. They will not ship to California because they lack the proper documentation. I assume no causes cancer warning is included.
Bill D

Thomas McCurnin
11-05-2022, 1:06 PM
I use friends in Arizona to reship goods that lack the cancer disclosures to me in California.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-05-2022, 1:55 PM
For years I bought my wiper blades at the auto dealer but I realized they were very overpriced. Now I buy my wiper blades at Costco. Good blades, good price.

Bill George
11-05-2022, 2:42 PM
Ken I have found that very true. Auto stores and unnamed one here are 2x the price of our local Menards or other big box store that carries auto parts and supplies!!

Myk Rian
11-05-2022, 5:13 PM
I get Bosch blades at autozone.

Bill Dufour
11-05-2022, 5:45 PM
No point in paying for expensive long life blades. one year in the sun here will harden up any blade. A plastic bucket might make it to two years if it has some shade. As long as they work for six months that is one years life.
Bill D

Ed Aumiller
11-05-2022, 6:34 PM
Lowes has started selling some auto supplies... they have brand name wiper blades for $6 in this area..

Bill George
11-06-2022, 11:04 AM
The last Bosch blades I purchased from Amazon.

Jim Koepke
11-06-2022, 1:13 PM
No point in paying for expensive long life blades. one year in the sun here will harden up any blade. A plastic bucket might make it to two years if it has some shade. As long as they work for six months that is one years life.
Bill D

The trick is to save the old blades and exchange them with the newer blades at the end of the rainy season. Then in the fall, switch them back.

That doesn't work up here because the rainy season is all but about two maybe three months.

jtk

Bill Dufour
11-06-2022, 5:57 PM
I like that idea. I have gone to only replacing the drivers side and moving the old one to the passengers side for one more year. It is usually good enough for that side. If not I buy another one. Worst gets cut down for rear wiper on wife's suv.
Bill D
stupid software says three lines in one paragraph is too short.
jtk[/QUOTE]

Brian Elfert
11-07-2022, 9:04 AM
It is considered pretty normal in Minnesota to replace your wiper blades before winter. Snow needs good wiper blades more than rain. I use the beam style as the old fashioned metal blade with rubber insert likes to ice up. My wiper blades are two different sizes so no swapping them.

My motorhome will need new blades pretty much every year. I have been able in the past to get closeout blades from Rockauto really cheap. The closeout wiper used to be less than $2, but they are $14 now versus $20.

Mel Fulks
11-07-2022, 10:02 AM
The Rain X product has made our wiper blades last a lot longer and greatly improved visibility.