PDA

View Full Version : I may already be a winner!

Lee Schierer
01-25-2006, 9:42 AM
When I got home yesterday I found a large (11 X17) bright orange envelope from my friends at Handyman Club of America saying that I might get a choice of either of , or possibly both tools shown on the envelope just by scratching the card inside. Not only that, but I could be selected to receive free tools to test and KEEP. I was so excited, the envelope slipped right out of my hand and fell to the bottom of the landfill recycling container.:D They didn't even include a free spaghetti sizer or glue spreader this time.

Lou Morrissette
01-25-2006, 10:22 AM
This is indeed your lucky day. The fact that it was in a slippery envelope, that is.;)

Lou

Steve Clardy
01-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Lol
Mine went straight to the trash can, unopened:eek: :D

Christopher Pine
01-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Had you been a memeber before? I was for several years and I just got to where none of the magazines had any appeal anymore (How many ponds or streams through your hard can you make) and the constant offer to be lifetime member for several hundred etc.. I did not renew and they are on the hunt for me.. it has .been a couple years and they still call me and try to get me to renue.
By the way lucky you! You may even get an offer from Ed McMann soon too!

Chris

Bob Noles
01-25-2006, 1:41 PM
When I got home yesterday I found a large (11 X17) bright orange envelope from my friends at Handyman Club of America saying that I might get a choice of either of , or possibly both tools shown on the envelope just by scratching the card inside. Not only that, but I could be selected to receive free tools to test and KEEP. I was so excited, the envelope slipped right out of my hand and fell to the bottom of the landfill recycling container.:D They didn't even include a free spaghetti sizer or glue spreader this time.

Lee.... did you dig it back out? :D :D

Andy Hoyt
04-17-2006, 5:57 PM
I've always felt like such a loser - but that all changed today. They finally found me!

And I'm so honored by their generous gift of this dual purpose glue scraper and pasta sizer that I'm gonna run right out to the mailbox -------

---- and blow it up!

Steve Clardy
04-17-2006, 6:12 PM
Looks jest like mine Andy. It lays here like a faithful dog. Doesn't go nowhere.
I think someone outa write them and tell em they waste their time punching all them holes in it. Sure would make a better glue spreader.

Jerry Olexa
04-17-2006, 7:59 PM
That is an AMAZING opportunity. Mine came a few days ago and found itself discarded..(sigh):)

Brad Schmid
04-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Wow! Black this year:cool: Last year mine was white:confused:
Hey Lee, I didn't get mine yet, but you seem so dissappointed about the mishap, I'll send you mine when I get it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: After all, what are SMC friends for:D :D

Bob Noles
04-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Not only a drawer full of the glue scrapers in the shop already, but now my 86 year old FIL has started sending me the ones he finds/gets from who know where :( :mad: :eek:

Jim Becker
04-18-2006, 9:48 AM
Yea...I think being a "charter member" once is enough...