PDA

View Full Version : JSS Pro 90* Blade/Table Changes...

Derek Arita
11-03-2022, 11:51 AM
So I found an issue with my JSS Pro not holding its 90* adjustment after placing it in stored position. I called SS and long story short, engineers spent a day going through their JSS Pros and found that indeed, their saws 90* blades went out of 90* every time the saws were stored, an issue they had never considered. They went on to say that fortunately, the fix is already built into the saw with the Fine Adjustment Knob, so one will have to readjust the 90* every time the was is brought out to use. If you use the saw for fine woodworking where right angle cuts are critical, then the adjustment is necessary, however if not, then it's close enough.
As for me, this is not a deal breaker. I like many other aspects of the saw, I'll deal with it. I got this saw because I wanted a replacement for my cabinet saw, but still want to be able to do fine woodworking with it. Since it happens with all the Pros, everyone will decide for themselves if it's worth it to them. All that said, they thanked me for bringing this problem to their attention, as they were unaware of this occurrence. Just thought I'd post this for others who are looking at the JSS Pro.