PDA

View Full Version : Delta RU50 overarm router

Barry W. Larson
11-02-2022, 10:25 PM
Some years ago - well 2007, there was a query about table guide pins for a Delta RU50 overarm router. I am in the process of rebuilding one of these and converting it to a more modern and readily available chuck-collet system. I am in need of some dimensions of the coupling that attaches the chuck to the spindle. The dimensions I need are as follows:
I am looking for the dimensions of the spindle nut (coupler) that couples the Leitz collet chuck (which was optional on these routers) to the spindle nose on a Delta (Invicta) RU50 overarm router. I need to have one made. I need the overall length and diameter of the coupler and the depth of the 30 mm (large diameter) bore. The number of threads in the large and small bores would also be helpful. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Be safe and stay well.
Barry W. Larson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada eh!

Jim Becker
11-03-2022, 10:22 AM
You may have better response by posting this in the old machinery forum, owwm dot org. Historically, I don't recall a whole lot of commentary on overhead/pin routers here at SMC, but there certainly may be someone who has experience with the machine you mention.