PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using “Graphic for Mac” software?

Bruce Page
10-31-2022, 11:33 PM
At only $29.99 it looks like a bargain.
https://www.graphic.com/mac/

Jim Koepke
11-01-2022, 1:17 AM
That does look like a bargain.

I haven't used a drawing app in ages. It seems there is always a change in the OS that makes it obsolete.

A lot of my old files are lost due to this. Fortunately many were saved as .pdfs.

Now for the shop, I do it the old fashion way with pencil and paper.

jtk

Bruce Page
11-01-2022, 12:43 PM
That does look like a bargain.

I haven't used a drawing app in ages. It seems there is always a change in the OS that makes it obsolete.

A lot of my old files are lost due to this. Fortunately many were saved as .pdfs.

Now for the shop, I do it the old fashion way with pencil and paper.

jtk

Good point. At $30 I might take a chance with it. I’m relatively new to the Mac world. I’m still using my old Windows XP PC for AutoCAD and another Win7 PC for Aspire. I would like to retire at least one Windows PC. :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
11-01-2022, 2:02 PM
Someone somewhere recently mentioned that particular app, but I don't recall where. I agree that at $30, it's not a "yuge" risk if it, um...sucks...

BTW, you can run Aspire under virtualized Windows via Parallels. That's what I've done since I acquired the CNC machine back in 2018. I just transfer the files to the CNC's computer via OneDrive (Microsoft LOL) and can tweak them there if necessary via the local copy of Aspire on that machine.

Bruce Page
11-01-2022, 8:55 PM
I have looked at Parallels. A friend who is much more computer savvy had nothing but headaches getting Aspire to run on it with the Apple M1 chip. This was some time ago so maybe things have improved. He ended up purchasing an HP laptop so he could work with Aspire from the house.

Jim Becker
11-02-2022, 9:39 AM
Yes, M1/M2 makes it a little more difficult because if forces use of the ARM version of Windows which Microsoft does not bless running on Apple (or other non-Windows) machines in virtual machines. But it's doable and folks are running it. Kinda sad about that, honestly, but it is what it is. I don't anticipate having to replace my 2019 MBP anytime soon, so it shouldn't be something I need to worry about for the time being.

It was actually nice seeing a recent reply in the Vectric forums from and actual Vectric support employee that he was running Aspire virtualized on Mac and was able to explain the changes needed to a poster relative to the GPU settings for version 11.5 as the software can now use hardware graphics acceleration (and apparently defaults to expecting it) which required turning on some things in Parallels.

Keith Outten
11-02-2022, 9:55 AM
Bruce I have "Graphic" installed on my iMac. Because I have been using Aspire and Corel Draw for so many years I have not found a graphic program yet for my iMac that I have the time to learn to use, spoiled I guess. Honestly, I don' use Corel Draw much anymore unless I have to print to my laser engraver. I create and prep all graphics in Aspire first then move the file to Corel for minor changes and engraving. Obviously I am not an artistic type of software user, basically my needs are mostly drafting to create vector graphics for engraving or CNC machining.