PDA

View Full Version : king-seely 6' jointer (gloat)

Steve Nelson
07-21-2003, 11:37 AM
As I was perusing the classifieds yesterday I came across an add for a band saw and an antique jointer. After calling about it Me and a friend went to look at it. The jointer happened to be identical to the one my friend has except it was without a motor. He wanted 50 dollars for it and I didnt even haggle the price,PLUS I got 2 extra sets of brand new knives. Anyone have any experience with this jointer,or know where I might get a manual? Thanks for any help, Steve

Jim DeLaney
07-21-2003, 5:42 PM
King Seely mad a lot of the older Sears power tools - pre-Craftsman. As far as I know, they've been long gone from the power tool world - like maybe early 1950's, so a manual is probably out of the question.

On the good side, though, a jointer is a pretty simple machine, with only a few moving parts. As long as the table and fence are okay, it'll just be the shaft and bearings to worry about, and the bearings are most likely a readily available 'stock' item at your local bearing shop.

For $50, you couldn't have gone wrong with this one!

Scott Coffelt
07-21-2003, 5:58 PM
ask your friend if he has one for his?????? I am sure you already did that didn't you?????

Sometimes we can make things more difficult on ourselves. Also, I think I read on another post someone who had a whole bunch of King stuff including a Jointer.

Sparky Paessler
07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Steve

I have a Craftsman 6" jointer made by King Seeley and found a manual on this web site

www.oldwwmachines.com/Craftsman/catalogs.asp