PDA

View Full Version : FS - Lie-Nielsen No. 6 Fore Plane, signed by Tom Lie-Nielsen

John Keeton
10-26-2022, 1:12 PM
This plane is out of stock at Lie-Nielsen with the following notation - Note: Due to constraints related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the No. 6 Fore Plane is temporarily out of production and unavailable until further notice.

The No. 6 does not appear in the list of Core tools, nor the list of Core 2 tools. Given the number of Core tools presently out of stock, and the greater number of Core 2 tools out of stock, and considering the present supply chain issues and priority of production for LN, it seems possible that it may be quite a while until this plane becomes available again, if at all.

The signature on this plane is like others I have seen and from what I can determine is done upon request "on site" if Tom is available.

The iron on this plane still has the factory grind, but is dull.The plane does show use, so I suspect the original owner used it straight out of the box without honing or adding a secondary bevel. In any event, it is in excellent shape. There are a couple of very small chips in the black paint on the top edges of the body behind the tote as visible in the pic. They would be simple to repair with feathering the edge of the existing paint and applying a bit of satin black spray paint, but I will leave that to the buyer. Otherwise, the condition is as shown in the pics.

The website lists the price at $440, but that price has been that amount for some time. LN has consistently raised the price on all of their tools that have come back into production after being out of stock - such is the state of affairs presently. So, if the plane becomes available it most surely will be at a higher price and additionally, shipping and sales tax will be added pushing the price at or above $500 delivered.

Price on this one, including the sock as shown, is $420 shipped. Payment by personal check (preferred) or by Zelle. It will be shipped safely boxed.

John Keeton
10-26-2022, 3:33 PM
Clarification - the "included shipping" is for the US (incl. Alaska and Hawaii), and does not apply to foreign destinations. It will be packaged in a "crate" that will protect the plane and then shipped in a USPS large flat rate game box. This is the only feasible way I can include shipping at this price. Thanks.

John Keeton
10-27-2022, 5:13 AM
Plane is sold! Thanks for looking.