PDA

View Full Version : FS - Lie-Nielsen Bevel Edge Chisels and Tool Roll

John Keeton
10-26-2022, 12:48 PM
This is the 5 piece set of bevel edge chisels - 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4" with the original box and paperwork. These are no longer sold as a set, but are sold individually at $95 each with the exception of the 1/8".

A2 Tool Steel, hardened to Rockwell 60-62, cryogenically treated and double tempered
Beveled at 30º
Approximately 9" in overall length
Hornbeam Handles

The backs of these have been flattened at some point, but the factory bevel remains on all of them. They will need to be properly honed. The handles were loose except for the one on the 1/8", which seems to be tight. I understand that a shot of hair spray will work to secure them, or, if the humidity is higher in your locale and you get the handles on quickly, that may be enough to secure them.

The 1/8" bevel edge chisel is not available at all and this notation appears on the web page showing the chisels - "Note: Due to constraints related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 1/8" and 7/8" Bevel Edge Socket Chisels are temporarily out of production and unavailable until further notice. At this time we are unsure of a timeline for the return of these tools."

Given that the 1/8" chisel is not listed in the Core tools or the Core 2 tools and with the supply chain issues that exist, it seems possible that it will no longer be available at all.

The website shows the 7 tool leather roll being out of stock and the last shown price is $75. At the current pricing, and ignoring the inability to buy the 1/8" chisel or the tool roll, these items would cost $550, plus shipping and sales tax.

The price on these, shipped, is $475. Payment by personal check (preferred) or Zelle.

Robert Tarr
10-26-2022, 6:43 PM
I have that exact set and can verify that is a lovely set of chisels to work with. Good luck!

David Zor
10-26-2022, 11:06 PM
I sure wish this was in budget, someone is getting a deal.

John Keeton
10-27-2022, 7:41 PM
Chisels are sold! Thanks!