PDA

View Full Version : aliexpress scam, will I get my money back

Bill Dufour
10-25-2022, 7:38 PM
I bought an item from aliexpress fully thinking it might be a scam. It was supposed to be a inflatable pipe plug with a hand squeeze pump.
item delivered is solid rubber, not inflatable, no hose, no pump.
After some back and forth they want it returned to china. Cost was about $4.00 US including shipping. they did not provide a return shipping label. They claim I will be reimbursed when it arrives to them in under 30 days.
I just emailed them to state the shipping will cost them about $19 US to get there in time.
Bill D

Stan Calow
10-25-2022, 8:15 PM
It could be incompetence not a scam. I had an issue with something I unknowingly bought from a Chinese supplier via Amazon. After I posted a bad review on Amazon and followed their complaint process, the company eventually refunded the money, via Amazon, after being unable to provide a way for me to return it. The poorly translated communication was so poor and uncomprehending, that I believe it was just bad business not a scam. The idea that the customer must be satisfied appears to not be a universal business principle.

Bruce Wrenn
10-25-2022, 8:31 PM
Buy it with a credit card, dispute the charges. Clearly you didn't receive what you ordered.

Doug Garson
10-25-2022, 8:45 PM
If I understand the OP, it's a $4.00 purchase, not worth worrying about.

Bill Dufour
10-25-2022, 10:12 PM
I think that is the business model. Cost them may be US$1.00 with shipping and few bother to dispute since the amount is so low.
Bill D

Chuck Hill
10-25-2022, 11:28 PM
Do not negotiate with the seller. That is a waste of time. Just open a dispute in AliExpress. AliExpress will refund your total cost. I have had to do this several times.

Bill Dufour
11-01-2022, 1:55 AM
there model is the item arrives so long after ordering the credit card company will not void the sale. I am so mad I will pay the $20 to ship it back just to screw with them. I emailed them, through aliexpress for proof, it would cost that much and got no response so we will see.