PDA

View Full Version : jet jwp-15bhh wont feed wood

jeff oldham
10-15-2022, 2:11 PM
i bought this jet planer a year and a half ago ago,,the jet jwp-15bhh and it started out really good but now im at the point it will not feed the wood at all thru it unless im pushing it very hard,,i have called the jet number on the instruction manual twice to be put on hold for about 30 min each time,,,i never got a responce,,,,and sadly i paid around 3500.00 dollars for this planer,,i had the benchtop verion of the porter cable i purchased at lowes about 3yrs prior to me getting this one and never had a bit of trouble out of it,,now i know things break over time but in a year and a half and cant get in touch with anyone at jet is pitful,,,,i guess what im asking is does anyone have a good number for jet,,not the 800-274-6848 because that number is totally useless,,,or for that matter can anyone tell me the procedure for alighning the feed rollers,,,or what they think my problem is,,thank you

glenn bradley
10-15-2022, 4:44 PM
Most common feed problem is dirty feed rollers (if rubber) or dirty platen (beds) or both. When is the last time you performed routine maintenance? Clean the beds and tables with mineral spirits and wax thoroughly. Clean serrated metal feed rollers with a brass bristle brush and mineral spirits. Clean rubber rollers with Alcohol and lotsa paper towels. If you've let the rollers or tables go this long you will want to check your gearbox oil levels too. Let us know how it goes.

Jared Sankovich
10-15-2022, 5:34 PM
Wax the beds. This is normal.

jeff oldham
10-15-2022, 6:12 PM
glenn i would i would like to thank you,,,i looked at the rollers before i posted this and i never would have thought that to be the problem they were not that dirty but i did as you said and cleaned the metal one going into the cutterhead with mineral spirits the other one coming out i didnt have no alcohol so i thought i would get some and do them later,,but they were not that dirty,,,but low and behold i fired it up and it pulled the wood in just like it was brand new,,,,,thank you my friend,,,i really appreciate the advice,,,god bless