PDA

View Full Version : Parallels and Mouse issues

Bill George
10-09-2022, 5:46 PM
Mac Book Pro 2019 series, Parallels 17 with Windows 10 Pro how and the heck do you keep the mouse working right in Win 10?? I had an older Mac Book Pro w/ Parallels older version with Windows 7 Pro and it was perfect. Any tricks or suggestions welcome. Thank you!!

Jim Becker
10-09-2022, 7:01 PM
I have had zero issues with the rodent not working in Win10 (or Win11) running under parallels, also on a MBP 2019. The Apple Magic Mouse is a bit sensitive in drawing programs, however, for whatever reason. Please note I always have "right click" turned on on my Apple pointing devices (Magic Mouse and TrackPad) so operation is identical to right-click on regular Windows machines with context sensitive menus.

Jim Koepke
10-10-2022, 1:45 AM
Hi Bill, do you know about clearing the P-RAM in Mac OS?

Sometimes my mouse acts up and clearing the P-RAM sets it back to normal.

I realise you are running under Windows, but there is still some Mac OS under it.

jtk

Bill George
10-10-2022, 7:32 AM
What OS are you guys running on the Mac? I am running the very newest and perhaps that's the issue with Parallels? It was perfect on my old MBP but that was a 2010 with High Sierra. I have no idea what P-RAM is, but just did a search and I have none of those other issues just the mouse in Win10.

Bill George
10-10-2022, 9:20 AM
OK I have it figured out. You can not change in the Apple OS, but when in Parallels and then Win 10 the menu at the top which is the one you configure Parallels in, The advice to disable the Game mode is wrong, you need to enable that and then on the other settings allow mouse to stick at edges....off. This just enables the Windows installed mouse but when you need to exit, the two keys at the bottom pressed together enables the Apple mouse so you can exit Windows. Pain in the rear.

Jim Becker
10-10-2022, 1:44 PM
What OS are you guys running on the Mac? I am running the very newest and perhaps that's the issue with Parallels? It was perfect on my old MBP but that was a 2010 with High Sierra. I have no idea what P-RAM is, but just did a search and I have none of those other issues just the mouse in Win10.
I'm always on the most current release.

Jim Koepke
10-10-2022, 9:52 PM
I have no idea what P-RAM is, but just did a search and I have none of those other issues just the mouse in Win10.

PRAM is the memory that stores core details about your Mac. PRAM stands for parameter random access memory, and it's where settings information related to your Mac's operating system is stored. This system settings info includes display settings (like resolution and color depth), time zone, speaker volume, and more.

For more information > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

It may be I'm just an old fogey when it comes to using a Mac, but when something weird started happening the first step has been a restart. If that didn't clear things up it was followed by starting with the option-command-P-R keys all held down and waiting for three chimes on start up. There is often a fourth chime after letting up on the keys.

It is sort of like blowing out all the cobwebs if you are one who leaves the computer on all the time or run a lot of games and other heavy resource using programs.

jtk

Bill George
10-11-2022, 7:49 AM
Jim if you read my answer above the problem was solved it was a settings thing in Parallels and Windows 10.

Jim Becker
10-11-2022, 10:27 AM
Jim if you read my answer above the problem was solved it was a settings thing in Parallels and Windows 10.
I did. I was just indicating that I stay current in my more recent post. :)

Bill George
10-11-2022, 10:32 AM
I did. I was just indicating that I stay current in my more recent post. :)

I was replying to the Other Jim!!

Jim Becker
10-11-2022, 10:35 AM
LOL...you can imagine what it was like years ago when I was in a meeting at a school district in MD with four Jims and one Mary at the table. It was easy to tell Mary apart from the rest. :)

Jim Koepke
10-11-2022, 11:27 AM

Yes, but there was a question about PRAM. I haven't had to sit at the keyboard of a Windows machine for over a dozen years, except for when visiting a friend last year.

It seemed like an opportunity for you and others to learn about various start up key combinations that can be helpful at times.

jtk

Bill George
10-11-2022, 12:04 PM
Jim K I have been working with computers and even building a few since the TRS-80 Model 1 and here is what I posted: I have no idea what P-RAM is, but just did a search and I have none of those other issues just the mouse in Win10.

In any event thank you for trying to Help.