PDA

View Full Version : new member introduction

philip marcou
01-24-2006, 2:53 AM
Greetings Folks, I have just been browsing SMC and would like to introduce myself. I am a professional cabinet maker, but you can get a grip of my background by referring to my web site www.collectablefurniture.co.nz.
Of late I have also taken up the manufacture of hand planes-double dovetailed steel, brass, bronze and good wood.I can post pictures if wanted and when I have figured out how to do that on this forum....
I look forward to learning new tricks,sharing knowledge/ answering questions, general chat/humour and taking the mickey whenever possible(well there could be a serious message within)-not necessarily in that order.
Philip Marcou

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-24-2006, 3:19 AM
Welcome Philip!

I'm fairly new here too, come on in, the water is great!

Cheers!

Rob Glynn
01-24-2006, 3:26 AM
G'day Philip.

Welcome to the BB frow Western Oz. As you can see by my avatar, a recent photograph of me on a bad hair day, I am true blue Oz.

How come you are still in NZ? I thought all of you NZers were over here!!!

There are some very clever and knowledgeable people on this BB. Unfortunately, I am not one of them, but I have fun in my shop and make great sawdust.

Rob

John Bailey
01-24-2006, 4:18 AM
Welcome Phil,

Always good to get international woodworkers on the site. Hurry up and get the picture thing worked out, cause we like pictures.

John

Vaughn McMillan
01-24-2006, 4:45 AM
Welcome to the Creek Phil. I guess the median location for Creekers just moved a bit south. ;) From the looks of your site, you'll add a good deal of experience to the mix here. Great-looking work.

- Vaughn

Karl Laustrup
01-24-2006, 6:12 AM
Welcome aboard Philip. Great bunch of people here at the "Creek".

Do a search here for the info on posting pics. Of course don't be afraid to ask.

We like pics. :) We like neander tools. :) Did I mention we like pics of tools and projects and............? :D

Karl

John Hart
01-24-2006, 7:27 AM
Welcome Philip! This is a great place to hang out with wonderfully helpful folks willing to lend a hand and an ear. Love to see your work and learn a little from you as well.:)

tod evans
01-24-2006, 8:38 AM
welcome philip!

Mark Singer
01-24-2006, 9:00 AM
Hello Phillip...welcome to the Creek!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-24-2006, 9:19 AM
Welcome to the Creek Phillip!

Jim Becker
01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Welcome, Phil! I'm sure your influences will be beneficial to the community! :)

Eric Shields
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Phillip, welcome to the creek. Now I know I'm not the newist kid on the block, I just joined myself. Though I will freely admit to now having the experience you do. But with time comes experience.

Eric

Cecil Arnold
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the creek Phillip. Has anyone warned you about the picture police in the pink thong? If not you'll learn about that soon enough.

Roger Fitzsimonds
01-24-2006, 1:02 PM
Welcome to the creek Phillip.

Roger

George Conklin
01-24-2006, 7:09 PM
Welcome philip, from one newbie to another.

Here's a link that Andy was kind enough to post to help me out in posting pictures.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25115

George

philip marcou
01-24-2006, 7:15 PM
Welcome to the creek Phillip. Has anyone warned you about the picture police in the pink thong? If not you'll learn about that soon enough.
Cecil, not yet. If she is a good looker, can cook and sandpaper by hand I can take a lot of punishment.

Andy Hoyt
01-24-2006, 7:24 PM
Phillip - That's some fine looking stuff you have on your web site. Welcome!

You just cranked up the "Jeez, if I could only do it as good as that guy" meter by several notches.

Steve Clardy
01-24-2006, 8:07 PM
Phillip Welcome!!

Cecil is talking about this guy. THE pic police, and not a She. :eek: ;)

You also have to watch out for Lillie Gillie, the bandsaw expert:eek:
Steve:)

john mclane
01-24-2006, 8:28 PM
Welcome. Nice stuff on your web page. Looks like you will be able to help the true novices on this site someday and get some help from the pros

Roger Myers
01-24-2006, 9:33 PM
Welcome Philip...
The waters of the Creek run far and wide and we are very glad to have you join us in this friendly and civil place.
Nice website that you have and great looking work.
Found it interesting that our American cherry is referenced as an "exotic wood from America".. :) just shows that it all depends on your home base...some of that wood you show is incredible...would love to swap some cherry for it...although cherry remains my favorite wood.
Look forward to lots of pics, especially of any tools....:)
Roger

Tyler Howell
01-24-2006, 9:54 PM
Welcome to the Creek Phil. Love your web site and your work.

Frank Pellow
01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Welcome to Saw Mill Creek Philip. I think that you are our first member from New Zealand.

I had a look at your web site and I really like the items that you have shown there.

Joe Mioux
01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Phillip welcome to SMC

philip marcou
01-25-2006, 3:06 AM
Thanks for all messges of welcome.
I have worked out how the pic sender works-sent one in a post in neanderthal tools section.
Right now things on the furniture front are dormant, so have nothing to show there. However, in the near future I plan to show pics of planes I have made and am making, to get opinions/swap ideas etc.