PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 60w c02

Reid Moule
10-05-2022, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know why a co2 laser when cutting around an image will sit in one spot and burn/char the MDF for a few seconds and then continue on normally- and it only does it on certain images. The others are fine.

Reid Moule
10-06-2022, 12:31 AM
Does anyone know why a co2 laser when cutting around an image will sit in one spot and burn/char the MDF for a few seconds and then continue on normally- and it only does it on certain images. The others are fine.. Also noticed that when I put an offset around the cutline in Illustrator and then deleted the old cut line it didn't burn??? I had a good close look at the original cutline at the point where it burned and couldn't find any issue with the path.

Kev Williams
10-06-2022, 1:52 AM
I know zilch about Epilogs and even less about AI.

but- as to stopping and overburning, zoom in on the vector image in the area where it's stopping, and make sure there's not a bunch of nodes/points piled up along the cut path. Could also be a mechanical or electric issue, but in my experience 'continuing on normally' after a mechanical or electric issue halts the travel, the controller is "ahead" of the laser itself, and anything engraved/cut afterwards won't be correct, and/or won't be in the correct place--

When putting in an offset, be sure the new cut path creates is in a "hairline" state, any wider line, or "zero" line, typically won't cut...

John Lifer
10-06-2022, 9:46 AM
every solution to poor work by an Epilog begins with cleaning the encoder strip. This doesn't, but I'd do it anyway..... there is a good FB group for Epilog owners also.

Mike Null
10-06-2022, 1:40 PM
I'm inclined to think that the drawing may be the culprit. Kev's solution would be my first try.