PDA

View Full Version : Head Country Apple Habanero barbecue sauce

Stephen Tashiro
10-05-2022, 3:42 AM
Anyone know why a typical online price for Head Country Apple Habanero barbecue sauce is about $20 for a 20 oz bottle vs about $3 for other varieties of Head Country sauces? (The price on Amazon today is $9.75 plus $5.99 for shipping.)

The local Walmarts don't stock it. It's out of stock at the local grocery store that used to have it all the time.

Dwayne Watt
10-05-2022, 7:45 AM
I think you answered your own question. Those are reseller prices plus it probably didn't sell well at your local grocer. Order directly from Head Country for $3.97/bottle or less.

Jim Koepke
10-05-2022, 9:31 AM
Prices on Amazon can be all over the place and can change by time of day:

As of 6:24 AM PDT and being a Prime Member drops the shipping cost.

jtk

Stephen Tashiro
10-05-2022, 1:35 PM
Prices on Amazon can be all over the place and can change by time of day

It isn't just Amazon. It's about $20 ordered from Walmart.

I'd think an unpopular product would be sold cheaper. Perhaps economics has a theory that explains why the reverse happens. Or perhaps Apple Habanero is actually popular.

Stephen Tashiro
10-05-2022, 1:51 PM
Order directly from Head Country for $3.97/bottle or less.

Do you have a link to that offer? On headcountry.com, I don't see any online store.

Dwayne Watt
10-05-2022, 4:33 PM
look under the heading "products", then "Shop Now". They offer everything from single bottles to large 160 ounce jugs on the respective items (there is a drop down menu to select different quantities). Or use the "shop" link in the upper righthand corner of the main website page.