PDA

View Full Version : anyone using laserpro?

Harry Radaza
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I have a ULS VL300 50 watt machine and need another machine. I'm in the philippines and the laser dealers here are limited. they are offering a laserpro mercury 25watts which is pretty much what I need. anyone using this?

Thomas Hempleman
01-24-2006, 2:31 AM
Harry... I've had a 30 watt LaserPro Mercury for about two years. I have had no problems with it. It came with lousy documentation (it lost something in the translation to English) but since you're experienced with lasers, that should be no problem for you. The pass-thru feature (removable front and back covers) has been handy for a couple of cabinet doors I lasered. I also like the way the air assist pumps air into the lens assembly. It keeps the crud from getting on the mirror and lens. Overall, it's a good machine.

George M. Perzel
01-24-2006, 8:05 AM
Hi Harry;
I have a Laserpro 60 watt unit-have it for 3 years-tube failed in first week, replaced easily within 24 hours under warranty-no problems since. I like the machine because its well built, rugged, and easy to use.
Manual is garbage-much was lost in the translation, but a number of on line resources are available and a great help. One major advantage over some other machines is ability to move the head to any position by hand-eliminates a lot of time.
Good Luck-email me any questions.
George

Abdul Baseer Hai
01-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi Harry

I am in Ottawa Canada and have owned a Laserpro Explorer 5owatts for over a year. I like the machine and have had almost no problems with it.
One small issue I had was with the honeycomb table. The table is a third party product, as they all are. If you place it on the engraving table as it is, it sits slightly lopsided as one of its feet sits on the left side ruler of the engraving table, thus distorting its level. i was getting different power levels on different parts of the table till i figured what the problem was.(Certain area were out of focus) Just remove the guilty foot and the problem is resolved.
apart from this, it is a good machine. I specially like the no-home, relative and center functions of the head. You can just drag the head to the center of a complex part of an object and the new engraving is centered in this area.
I can give you a longer critique if you decide to examine this machine further.

Abdul

Michael Wells
01-24-2006, 12:20 PM
For my money, I'd say go for the LaserPro! I have had an Explorer 100 Watt for over three years now that has been problem free! Very dependable and adaptable machine. It actually does a lot more than it should for 100 Watts.

Hilton Lister
01-24-2006, 2:00 PM
I have owned a LaserPro Mercury 25 watt for about 6 months. So far no problems. I have cut 6mm acrylic sheet with it. Used Thermark effectively, but would like a little more power. However, I have no other brand laser to compare it to. The price seemed excellent value for money when compared to other systems.

Rick Maitland
01-24-2006, 6:25 PM
For my money, I'd say go for the LaserPro! I have had an Explorer 100 Watt for over three years now that has been problem free! Very dependable and adaptable machine. It actually does a lot more than it should for 100 Watts.

Hey Micheal I had heard that they were having trouble with the 100 Watt machines over heating and had to go to water cooled. Have you heard this and is yours water cooled?

Jim A. Walters
01-24-2006, 9:16 PM
I have a Pinnacle 25 watt M-Series, Same as the Laser Pro Mercury. I wish I would have purchased the Explorer series for faster speed, larger table, and would also like more power. 1 gigawatt would be nice, but I would settle for 40 watts:)

Michael Wells
01-26-2006, 2:24 PM
Hey Micheal I had heard that they were having trouble with the 100 Watt machines over heating and had to go to water cooled. Have you heard this and is yours water cooled?
No Rick, I haven't had any problem with overheating at all. I do have the unit setting in my studio where there is a lot of ventilation because I do airbrushing and other artwork in their as well. Maybe that helps? I don't know. But no problems in three years of use anyway.

David Barron
01-28-2006, 12:24 AM

Rick,

You heard correctly. There were some issues with overheating and it did cause some trouble for a number of users, but I believe at this time they have all been handled at this time. Now the 100 watt machines are sold with water coolers. The 75 watt machines really could have used it to, but they are no longer sold at all. It is 60 or 100.

Dave