PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Small Router Plane

John Strong
10-03-2022, 9:49 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a small router plane. similar to a Lie Nielsen 271 or Veritas small router plane. Let me know if anyone has one lying around they would like to sell!

PS Thank you to everyone who have responded to my previous posts. I have been slowly able to pick up some very cool new (to me) tools and put them to use!

Thank you,
John

Jim Koepke
10-04-2022, 12:24 PM
Good luck in the hunt John.

My hunt for a Stanley #271 ended recently after a couple of decades. My hunt started when it was still listed on Stanley's web site but was no longer available.

Ended when one was offered to me with a couple of side rabbet planes.

The Veritas Small Router Plane is at a decent price > https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/planes/router/57677-veritas-small-router-plane?item=05P3850

jtk

chuck van dyck
10-04-2022, 1:41 PM
I got lucky and picked one up here for $40 about a month ago, so they do come around, just not often and ya gotta get kinda lucky. After using this one a bit and borrowing a shop mate’s LN, I wouldn’t hesitate to just buy a LN new. Depth stop is a really nice accessory. $95 is a damn good deal. I would consider selling mine to fund a LN. Someone is currently selling bronze reproductions on the bay…..

Jim Koepke
10-04-2022, 3:47 PM
Depth stop is a really nice accessory.

It was pretty easy to make my own depth stop for the small Stanley Router Plane > https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?299825

jtk

John Strong
10-04-2022, 5:38 PM
Pending purchase of a Stanley 271! (But if you do have a Lie Nielsen or Veritas you're trying to sell, please reach out still. Wouldn't mind adding one of those to the collection as well)

alan tasoff
10-05-2022, 11:08 AM
I have a small Veritas willing to sell. I think I have two blades (one ground to a point). I don't know how to upload pictures, but can send you an email picture. aetasoff@gmail.com

John Strong
10-05-2022, 4:04 PM
I have a small Veritas willing to sell. I think I have two blades (one ground to a point). I don't know how to upload pictures, but can send you an email picture. aetasoff@gmail.com

Sent you and email!