PDA

View Full Version : Out & About, went shopping...

steven c newman
09-22-2022, 12:54 PM
And stopped at 2 Antique Stores. Being a Wednesday, there wasn't any yard sales to raid, so....
Urbana, OH. has a couple such stores, side by side. Visit to the Boston? Nothing I needed...moved over to the other store...and spent $20.38, counting Sales Tax

Tub was marked as $0.50 each....found a Nicholson USA Mill Smooth file fitted to a LUTZ branded handle....keep digging...
has a Sears label, same price as the file...
Same price...Ratcheting of-set screwdriver is by General, as is the brass automatic center punch

Setting outside of the tub..with a price tag ( darn it..)
Stanley/North Bros. "YANKEE" No. 135....$5...at least I already had a couple tips for it..
And the spring return even works!

Finally, over on a shelf..Hmmmm....Millers Falls late, late, late model Jack plane = $25? OR, for $12..
A pre-Stanley GAGE smoother? Already have 4 Millers Falls No.14 Jacks...didn't need another....I do not have any by Gage Tool Co. And the price was better..

After a full day of hauling the Boss on HER errands, I was just out doing some "ME" time...

steven c newman
09-22-2022, 6:05 PM
A Sears logo?
Drive gear and..
And these 2 pinion gears are made of Nylon....Hmmm shock-proof? Interesting..

The plane is a Gage Tool Co. No. 4, with the 2" wide iron.
Will have to replace the missing horn, both, that metal plate is OEM.
Have already torn the plane down...and gotten rid of all the rust bunnies, and even sharpened the iron....still have to work on the tote, and it's very rusty baseplate..
Wood body has this steel pin...yet, when I had the plane apart, could not see it on the inside....and the frog casting has it's own pin..that I had to straighten out. Plane's price was actually $12 plus sales Tax...

The Automatic center punch works quite well...the General might need a drop of oil...just a wee bit too stiff, and hard to shift