PDA

View Full Version : Jessem TA Router fence vs Woodpecker Super Fence

Travis Fatzinger
09-19-2022, 9:06 AM
Hi,

I know there's a ton of comparison threads for router tables but most focus on the lifts themselves. I'm interested in the fence differences. The Jessem TA looks nice and it's all aluminum unlike their II and III fences. But at $450 it's $160 more than the $290 Woodpeckers Super fence. They both look very similar to me as far as function. Is there any practical difference I'm missing that makes the Jessem worth it?

One note, I'm not interested in an Incra fence.

Thanks,

Travis

Robert Hayward
09-19-2022, 12:09 PM
My local Woodcraft store had the Jessum fence on display along with a Jessum table. I own the Woodpecker Super fence. I played with the Jessum a couple times while at Woodcraft. It is a really nice fence but not sure it is worth $160 more.

Wes Grass
09-19-2022, 1:40 PM
Compared to my old Jessem -2, the TA mounts look to be less painful to catch myself on than the 'angle' pieces mine has. There've been some 'words' used ...

The Woodpeckers looks to be a bit easier to adapt to a home made table, t-track set in the top. More flexibility at the least. Want the table 6 feet long? ... Could do that with the Jessem too, I think, but paying for fancy parts you won't use.

Only advantage I see is the micro adjust for offsetting the fences. Might be worthwhile if you do a lot of jointing at the router table. I think I've used shims in mine once for some oddball operation.

Jonathan Jung
09-19-2022, 10:29 PM
I have the Jessem and the only thing I like about it is the micro-adjust I bought as an add-on. The fence itself is always giving me problems with alignment. For starters, it's not 90 degrees to the table, Jessem says this "never happens" and refused to help me out. I don't see any way to adjust/shim it easily so I have to live with it. BTW Jessem gave me lots of grief with other issues on the table package I bought.