PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CC 2022

Jerry Thompson
09-16-2022, 3:37 PM
I'm having trouble with content aware crop in PS. The check box does not even appear when cropping a photo. I have the latest version of PS. I have un-installed it and reinstalled it. The photos are not smart objects either.
Windows 10, 64 bit.
Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Jim Becker
09-16-2022, 4:53 PM
I wish I could help you with that Jerry, but I don't use that feature. I do most processing in Lightroom and only bring up PS when I need to resize or do some other forms of manipulation that LR doesn't support.

Barry McFadden
09-16-2022, 6:23 PM
I haven't used PS in a while but you don't ue content aware with the crop tool. You would outline the object you want to get rid of with something like the lasso tool and then chose EDIT...FILL...and in the USE box dropdown select Content Aware...

Keith Pitman
09-16-2022, 6:39 PM
I would check with Adobe to see if that feature is supported on Windows 10. I'm a Mac user and when my iMac could not longer be updated with the latest OS, I could not access all Photoshop features as well as some in other software packages.

Lee DeRaud
09-16-2022, 7:33 PM
Just tried it: it's not a checkbox anymore, it's an icon, furthest to the right on the option bar when the crop tool is selected.
But if you hover over it with 'tool tips' enabled, it says 'Content Aware Fill'.

Lee DeRaud
09-16-2022, 7:36 PM
I haven't used PS in a while but you don't ue content aware with the crop tool. You would outline the object you want to get rid of with something like the lasso tool and then chose EDIT...FILL...and in the USE box dropdown select Content Aware...
It also uses content-aware fill to fill in holes around the edges if your crop (or straighten) extends the boundaries of the image.

Jerry Thompson
09-16-2022, 8:49 PM
I just found out about the icon. I am up and running.
Thanks all.