PDA

View Full Version : Informative podcast episode about glue

Paul F Franklin
09-14-2022, 3:14 PM
Fine Homebuilding Pro Talk Podcast episode 458 is an interview with Bob Behnke, technical service manager for Franklin International. Bob really knows his stuff and I learned a lot about woodworking glues and construction adhesives. Well worth a listen, IMO. 45 minutes or so of good info.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a subscriber or digital member to listen.

https://www.finehomebuilding.com/2022/05/10/podcast-458-pro-talk-with-glue-expert-bob-behnke

Maurice Mcmurry
09-14-2022, 8:09 PM
I am looking forward to checking that out! Any Franklin family connection?

Paul F Franklin
09-14-2022, 9:52 PM
I am looking forward to checking that out! Any Franklin family connection?

No, no connection. Actually, Franklin is not my birth surname...my wife and I both changed our names when we got married. (long story, but it does not involve the witness protection program!) Too bad I guess, free glue for life would be sweet!

Jim Becker
09-15-2022, 9:36 AM
No, no connection. Actually, Franklin is not my birth surname...my wife and I both changed our names when we got married. (long story, but it does not involve the witness protection program!) Too bad I guess, free glue for life would be sweet!

So...do we call you "Secret Agent Man"?? :D :D :D

Paul F Franklin
09-15-2022, 12:55 PM
So...do we call you "Secret Agent Man"?? :D :D :D

Sure, lets go with that! Better than a lot of things I've been called!

The real story is much more mundane....It was my Mom's idea...she never liked our family last name because it was often mispronounced and misspelled and she thought, since I was getting deep into the exciting world of engineering business, that I should have an easy to pronounce and spell and remember name. My dad's first name was Frank (actually Francis, but everyone knew him as Frank) so Franklin was a nod to that. We had a short list of alternatives and for a while before the wedding we tried them out when making reservations and the like, to see if we got asked to spell them or repeat them. Franklin passed the test so that's what we went with. A few times in 45+ years someone has asked if it's Franklin with an I or a Y, but I'd say it worked out OK.