PDA

View Full Version : Black Marble source

Alan Young
01-23-2006, 2:47 PM
I was just at my local Lowes store and they are carrying pure black marble in 12 x 12. I believe the distributor is out <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:State w:st=Nebraska. I am </st1:State><st1:State w:st="on">Iowa,</st1:State> it is $7.49 per tile min of 10. I ordered a box so I will let you know what it is like. The sample they had was all black. I also verified it was marble.
Alan <O:p</O:p

Joe Pelonio
01-23-2006, 3:23 PM
Must vary by location, Alan. I was at my Lowe's this morning (right across the street) and they did have black granite but no black marble. I'll keep checking back, maybe it just hasn't been shelved yet.

Jerry Allen
01-23-2006, 8:55 PM
What's the SKU?

Alan Young
01-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I will see what I can find out. They have to order them in. I did it over the phone so I do not have it.
Alan

Jerry Allen
01-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Okay, thanks.

Alan Young
01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
I have not found the SKU # but I did find out they are getting it from Midwest tile. A rep from the tile company came in and set up the display so it my be a regional thing. Lowes would not give me thier contact # but told me Midwest tile. http://www.midwesttile.com/ I am pretty sure this is the company. Lowes said it could be week or two before they get it in. The good side to getting it from Lowes is no shipping cost. The down side is having to wait for it. I can get black granit for around $7.00 in stock.

Alan

Alan Young
01-25-2006, 4:42 PM
More info. Lowes does not have a SKU # for this. They call the order in and it is verified instock and then shipped. Mine was supposedly shipped today.

Alan Young
01-28-2006, 10:17 PM
The tile came in and I had to send it back. Half of it was cracked or had chipped corners. Most of it was all black but some had some small white vains. Some of it could have been salvaged into smaller sizes with a saw but I do not have one.

Alan

Keith Outten
01-29-2006, 7:45 AM
Alan,

I have two hundred tiles just like yours in my shop. The last batch from Color Stone International and another from a company in Northern Virginia. Great stuff for floors but terrible quality for engraving. Neither company would take the tiles back so I'm stuck with two pallets of 12" tiles that I will have to find a use for sometime in the future. Maybe I can sandblast them and use them in the house for an entryway.
:)

Alan Young
02-06-2006, 9:55 PM
Picked up my reorder and it looks great. I cannot find a white vien anywhere and no chips. My guess is this is pretty local source, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas. Any way it was nice to be able to send it back when it did not look good. Plus no shipping

Alan

Nick Adams
02-07-2006, 4:47 AM
kieth,

Shoot me a PM on how many tiles you have, the thickness and price. Just getting ready to move into a new place. Going to be doing either black marble or black geanite in the kitchen and some other areas. Maybe I would be able to unload some of those for you. Depending on total weight I might be able to drive there and pick them up. Thanks in advance.

Keith Outten
02-07-2006, 6:31 AM
Nick,

I will do an inventory and get back to you via PM. The 12" square tiles weigh right at 5 pounds each and are still in the orginal boxes.