PDA

View Full Version : Fake "Amazon" ship notices

Tom M King
09-11-2022, 12:18 PM
Just got a dozen. Wanting me to sign in to "Amazon". Nope.

Beware.

edited to add: Just to be safe, I changed my Amazon password

Mike Henderson
09-11-2022, 2:53 PM
I get the phone calls that tell me they're about to charge me $1,450 for something. If I didn't order it, press 1. I hang up.

I often think I should press 1 just to see what information they'd try to get out of me.

Mike

Lee Schierer
09-11-2022, 2:54 PM
I report those to abuse@amazon.com

Dave Anderson NH
09-11-2022, 5:30 PM
I've been getting a bunch of email notices mimicking invoices for Norton, McAfee, IT services from companies I've never heard of and other phishing junk. Most of them are in the $300-450 range. This is recent in the last month or so. I had gone a couple of years without this crap. Ah well, it's easy enough to delete.

Sam Force
09-11-2022, 5:38 PM
Recieved a phone call today, my power was due to be shut off at noon due to lack of payment. I could prevent shut off with an immediate partial payment. Wasn't born yesterday and haven't missed a payment in over 45 years. Scam calls really tick me off

Jerome Stanek
09-11-2022, 6:14 PM
I just got 4 of those calls that said I ordered something and wanted me to push 1. I will never do that as it justs shows that you are a real person and they can sell your number.

Alex Zeller
09-12-2022, 3:34 PM
Back when I had a land line my phone was also a fax machine. When I would get a call and it was someone trying to sell me something I would push the fax button and blast them with that noise. My cell phone does a good job blocking most spam phone calls.