PDA

View Full Version : New Sawstop Jobsite Pro Opinion...

Derek Arita
09-07-2022, 10:28 AM
I ran out of room and patience to using my PM2000 as it lived in one spot of my very crowded garage shop, so with some reservations, I purchased the SS Jobsite Pro. It took me some time making all the proper adjustments to the saw because the table is not exactly flat, the blade insert is not flat and the fence has no adjustment for making the face square to the table. As a result, I had to make the adjustments with dial indicators, squares and straight edges, using averages. All that said, everything kinda fell into place and it all seemed to line up pretty well.
So far, in comparison to my PM2000, I am very pleased with all the test cuts I have made with this new saw. I'm using a Woodworker II Thin Kerf 40 tooth blade. All the cut surfaces have been mark free and as 90* as my Starretts can measure. Comparing the cuts to my PM, I can say that they are at least equal. The JSPro operates a little louder, but very smoothly. Dust collection is very good with about the same amount of table sawdust left behind, as I don't use the top dust shroud.
Since my large PM lived in one spot, its table always seemed like an all too convenient place to keep random garage stuff. As a result, using the saw meant clearing off all the crap from the table and surrounding area. In contrast, the JSPro takes up about 1/3 the floor space when stowed and easily rolls out and sets up. Dust collection is just a matter of hooking up the 4" hose. I've since purchased an aftermarket zero clearance insert and will be making a crosscut sled, so further reviews may be necessary.
I gotta say, I was ready for disappointment when I purchased the JSPro and beginning the adjustment process, my anticipation was heightened, however after making some test cuts I'm very pleased with the downgrade and feel I've lost nothing and only gained in the exchange. My cuts are at least equal and ease of use is, I dare say, convenient. Ever since I purchased Festool rails and table, that takes care of all my larger panel breakdowns. For all the smaller work, I think the JSPro will be the perfect tool...I hope.

https://i.imgur.com/HD4nD6y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OSv0iwX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cGaQ4Wk.jpg

Greg Parrish
09-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Very nice Derek. I almost went that way myself and still question if it would have made more sense given my smaller space now. Glad to see a positive review and will know that if I ever do decide to move back down it will be a very capable saw. I look at these every time I walk into a woodworking store, but seeing a nice new pretty one sitting in someone's shop gives a whole new perspective. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting pictures and experiences. :)

Scott Clausen
09-07-2022, 2:27 PM
I had a horrible JS saw (Kobalt) and need a Job Site saw due to a small shop (10' x 16') and need to move outside for a long rip cut. I wanted a better saw & fence along with the safety factor and couldn't be more pleased. I rarely use it anymore, more of a hand tool guy now, so it stays folded up. But when I bring it out it works well for mu needs.