PDA

View Full Version : How and Where to sell a lot of Mesquite?

Joe Wood
09-06-2022, 3:54 PM
A friend of a friend has a Huge amount of mesquite that I said I'd try and help sell. I'm trying to find out more, but it's been out in the desert in the open for a few years. I don't know yet where it was harvested.
I always thought mesquite was a small bush like tree but some of these logs are pretty big! Does this stuff even have any value now?

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2022, 3:58 PM
Years ago a friend and fellow Creeker sent me a large slab of mesquite. I turned a winged bowl from it. It finishes well, hard as a rock and looks beautiful, IMO.

Lee Schierer
09-06-2022, 4:45 PM
I've see furniture and turnings made from mesquite, it is a beautiful wood. The scraps work well in a smoker. Ask Mr. Google to search for mesquite furniture, there may be places near the wood your friend has.

Jim Koepke
09-06-2022, 8:09 PM
That doesn't look in too good of shape for milling in to usable lumber.

You might find it profitable to sell it to people who want to smoke their own fish and/or meat.

It is also good for BBQ. We used to purchase big bags of Mesquite Charcoal for BBQing.

jtk

Stan Calow
09-06-2022, 8:39 PM
Worth looking into. Whatever is not usable for making stuff, maybe you can cut a deal with a BBQ restaurant to supply them a large quantity.