PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sawstop blade angle and elevation

Dennis Jarchow
09-05-2022, 12:01 AM
I was using my 6-month old Sawstop PCS today and raised the blade all the way up and started setting the blade angle for a bevel cut. I heard a sound like something small dropping to the inside bottom the saw. I assumed it was a piece of wood. When I tried to adjust the bevel, the blade would only go back to about 7 degrees. It moves to 45 degrees with no problems. Also, I noticed when I get to the point where I can't adjust the angle any steeper, I can't adjust the height of the blade either. With the blade angle set to anything shallower than 15 degrees, I can raise and lower the blade the full distance. My 90 deg. limit stop is adjusted correctly.

I have vacuumed out the saw and can't see any obvious debris in the any of the worm gears, threaded rods, or the trunnion brackets and slots. Nor were there any saw parts, nuts, bolts etc. that I could see

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Larry Frank
09-05-2022, 7:48 AM
Sorry to hear ! Sawstop customer service is typically pretty good so a call to them should help. I have had mine for quite awhile and no problems.

Wes Grass
09-05-2022, 12:35 PM
Just a wild guess, but I'd be looking for a screw or roll pin that's backed out and catching on something. The 'tick' was it popping over the edge of whatever it's catching on now. And hanging it up on the elevation adjustment.

Dennis Jarchow
09-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will contact Sawstop tomorrow. Hopefully they will have some ideas.