PDA

View Full Version : Micro Motor

Guy Mueller
09-04-2022, 3:03 PM
Looking into buying a Micro Motor and burs prices starting around $80.00 and up, getting confused with choices since most brands look identical. At this point don't want to put a lot of money until I find out if this something I would like to get into deeper down the road. Looking for advice from someone that uses micro motors

Peter Blair
09-05-2022, 8:54 AM
I bought an expensive one several years ago and it works great . . . until you overload it. It has a built in safety to prevent it from being damaged. As long as I use small bits/burrs it functions just great but is a pain when it goes into self protection mode. I have seen some in the $80 to $100 range that don't have this feature. Not sure if it's a good thing or not. Just lovely to use when changing diamond bits all the time so quick to switch. For small stuff I still prefer my High speed air tools. Best of luck and I'm sure others will chime in here.

David Bolson
09-05-2022, 10:11 AM
I could swear that I replied to this yesterday. Anyway, my suggestion is to get a micro motor that will accept both 3/32” and 1/8” burrs. Otherwise you will be very limited. Also, figure out what your first project will be and then just get the burrs you need for that project. You will quickly realize what each burr can do and it’s limitations.

Earl McLain
09-05-2022, 1:02 PM
I could swear that I replied to this yesterday. Anyway, my suggestion is to get a micro motor that will accept both 3/32” and 1/8” burrs. Otherwise you will be very limited. Also, figure out what your first project will be and then just get the burrs you need for that project. You will quickly realize what each burr can do and it’s limitations.

You did reply yesterday, but on another forum. I recall reading it this morning. So…you’re sane, at least from my angle!!
earl