PDA

View Full Version : Sulphur Grove Tool

Lee Schierer
09-02-2022, 2:55 PM
Has anyone done business with Sulphur Grove Tool? They seem to have the correct tires at a decent price for my 14" Delta Model 28-274C. Their tires are 1" wide and 0.095 thick which is the closest match I found for what was/is on the saw. Their customer service says they will fit my saw. I was referred to them by two of the other suppliers I contacted. I will be replacing both tires with new urethane tires.

Yes I've checked out a number of other suppliers.

Tom M King
09-02-2022, 3:08 PM
They work fine. They're on my 14" Delta, and one of the 10" saws on one wheel. I think they were a little wide for the 10" saw, but I did some rough trimming in place with a utility knife after it was on, and no worries.

Jonathan Jung
09-02-2022, 4:24 PM
Yes, a couple times. Good service and the products worked, including tires for my 17" saw

Zachary Hoyt
09-02-2022, 5:14 PM
I've used their tires on 3 saws now, no problems and they don't seem to wear at all even after years. I have bought them through eBay as I recall, not directly from SGT.

Brian Tymchak
09-02-2022, 8:20 PM
I've not done business with them but I do remember them being recommended for BS tires in several past threads.

John K Jordan
09-02-2022, 8:49 PM
I bought tires (for my 18” Rikon) directly from Sulphur Grove. The tires are good.

What I didn’t know till later was the price direct from the company was significantly higher than the identical Sulphur Grove tires from a reseller. This seemed odd to me. I sent an email asking about this but they did not respond. I don’t know of this price difference is still the case, or if SG even uses dealers now, but it might be something to check into.

JKJ

Has anyone done business with Sulphur Grove Tool? They seem to have the correct tires at a decent price for my 14" Delta Model 28-274C. Their tires are 1" wide and 0.095 thick which is the closest match I found for what was/is on the saw. Their customer service says they will fit my saw. I was referred to them by two of the other suppliers I contacted. I will be replacing both tires with new urethane tires.

Yes I've checked out a number of other suppliers.

Bruce Wrenn
09-02-2022, 8:49 PM
First set of SGT tires lasted twenty years on my Delta 14". Replacement set only has a couple years on them. Check out "Blue Max" tires also

Jim Pzinski
09-02-2022, 9:35 PM
I recently used their tires on my Laguna 14 and they fit and worked well. When I talked to their customer service they offered to cut the tire to the nearest 1/16 if width is a problem.

Lee Schierer
09-03-2022, 9:02 AM
I bought tires (for my 18” Rikon) directly from Sulphur Grove. The tires are good.

What I didn’t know till later was the price direct from the company was significantly higher than the identical Sulphur Grove tires from a reseller. This seemed odd to me. I sent an email asking about this but they did not respond. I don’t know of this price difference is still the case, or if SG even uses dealers now, but it might be something to check into.

JKJ

I see what you mean. They were about $2 a pair cheaper from a reseller. However, I understand that Sulphur Grove Tool will cut them down if needed. My wheel rims are not quite an inch apart. I'm not sure the reseller would do that.

Robert L Stewart
09-03-2022, 2:31 PM
Just installed their new tires on my 18" jet bandsaw. Very good result and good company to work with

Lee Schierer
09-13-2022, 4:34 PM
I see what you mean. They were about $2 a pair cheaper from a reseller. However, I understand that Sulphur Grove Tool will cut them down if needed. My wheel rims are not quite an inch apart. I'm not sure the reseller would do that.

I just ordered new tires from Sulphur Grove. The tires were 36.95 for the pair, no tax and no shipping.