PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Flat Tool Jig?

Alan Turner
01-23-2006, 8:01 AM
Any fellows have any hands on experience with the One Way Wolverine Flat Tool grinding jig? Does it hold a true 90 degree bevel to edge relationship? Is the chisel/iron ground edge dead on straight across, or does it camber the edge?

Thanks.

Charles McKinley
01-24-2006, 3:56 PM
Hi Alan,

Do you have a Woodcraft near you? I am willing to bet they have one set up for their sharpening class. They will probably demo it for you. I just haven't had the extra money to get it myself. Woodcraft also has a very good return policy if you do not like it.

Dan Racette
01-24-2006, 5:27 PM
I have one. I can send you some snapshots if you'd like

Alan Turner
01-24-2006, 7:54 PM
Dan,
So, how do you like it? Is it fast and accurate? Are you pleased with the acquisition?

Dan Racette
01-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I haven't got it set up yet. The "box" that holds the cam and lever is machined extruded aluminum. The lever and the cam however is like that of water hardened drill rod. I'll check out of box square for you but, and I'll see if the tool holder is straight, but it looks to me that if you are anything short of a bent tool rod holder, you should be able to compensate during your set-up. The rest of it seems to be stamped and welded sheet. I'll mic it for you if you like.

Otherwise, I am going to have to ask for patience, as I am working shop time in my "spare" time and have mostly been doing contstruction as of late.

Alan Turner
01-25-2006, 5:03 AM
Dan,
No need to mic it. Just when you get it set up and in use, file a report here as I am sure that others might be interested also. TIA.