PDA

View Full Version : Domino Vacuum Hose

Mike Congiusti
08-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

Well, I finally purchased my DF 500 that came today. My small shop vac hose does not fit the port as well as I would like. I have no plans on spending $$$$$ for a Festool vac. What other hose can I use to fit either a Rigid or Shop Vac and also be compatable for my Domino.

Thanks,

Mike

Richard Verwoest
08-25-2022, 11:21 AM
Look at Rockler

Greg Parrish
08-25-2022, 12:33 PM
You can buy just a Festool hose. For $135 (high for a hose, I know) you can get a festool antistatic hose that will plug right into the standard shop vacs. https://a.co/d/f4exn1i

Jason Evans
08-25-2022, 1:30 PM
I think there is a Bosch hose on Amazon that fits.

Aaron Inami
08-25-2022, 1:32 PM
Rockler has their Dust Right Flexiport shopvac hose and adapter kit that fist onto most tools, such as your Domino. At $60, it's cheaper than a Festool hose (but the Festool hoses are definitely nice!)

https://www.rockler.com/dust-right-flexiport-power-tool-hose-kit-12-fixed-length

Thomas Wilson
08-25-2022, 2:05 PM
The rubber end of a Porter-Cable portable tool vacuum hose fits the D500. A common adapter connects the other end to a 2 1/2” shop vac.

Walter Plummer
08-25-2022, 3:29 PM
I bought this set for my Kreg track saw. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0849L6LLH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1. It probably has a connector to fit. Like Aron said Rockler has a similar kit.

Mike Henderson
08-25-2022, 5:33 PM
I use a Bosch hose (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AV78B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Mike

Cliff Polubinsky
08-25-2022, 6:20 PM
I use the Rockler Flexiport hose. Being able to switch out the adapters let's me connect to my Festool sanders and Domino, track saw, Dewalt routers and my Ridgid belt/spindle sander. The Festool hose is hanging in the corner because I can only use it with festool items (except the ts 75). The Rockler hose works with everything.

Cliff

Noel Poore
08-25-2022, 7:16 PM
I also use this Centec set. The ends fit both sizes of Festool (domino and track saw) and other brands as well. The hose is robust - I have one I’ve been using for about 4 years and it doesn’t look worn. I’ve trodden on it a few times and it is fine.

Mike Congiusti
08-25-2022, 7:25 PM
I use a Bosch hose (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AV78B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Mike

Thanks all. I went with the Bosch hose. It will be here Saturday.

Dave Sabo
08-26-2022, 10:39 AM
I think there is a Bosch hose on Amazon that fits.

There are several. The one most guys talk about a good hose at a bargain price. However, it is better suited for shop cleanup, and bigger tools like a tracksaw, planer, and a router. It's too big and cumbersome for a sander or domino. They also make a narrower anti-static hose that is sized for sanders, domino and other small tools - but it's a lot more expensive. So much so that ya might as well buy the festool version. They'll work , but better options exist.

The rubber end of a Porter-Cable portable tool vacuum hose fits the D500.

That's been discontinued and was hard to find when it wasn't. Not a great value purchased as a spare part either.

Look at Rockler

look.............but don't buy.
Their connector system is first rate. Their vac hoses are just shy of garbage.

This is the sweet spot right now:
https://www.amazon.com/Cen-Tec-Systems-94192-Universal-Collection/dp/B07NZZZ5ZL/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?crid=1PC5JC1UFJC6V&keywords=bosch%2Bvacuum%2Bhose&qid=1661524140&sprefix=bosch%2Bvacuum%2Bhose%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-17-spons&th=1

Cheaper than rockler with much a much better hose.

glenn bradley
08-26-2022, 10:44 AM
I use the Rockler ends but their prices have gone pretty high on stuff. Watch for a sale. I have the "Expandable" hose which is all they offered at the time. I find it heavy and it will fight you a bit. Fixed length hoses of smaller diameter can be stiff and will fight you a bit. If possible get the one you are looking at in your hands to see how it feels to you.

Richard Verwoest
08-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Regarding your comment about Rockler, is this just your opinion or do you have legitimate facts to back that statement?

Richard

Keegan Shields
08-26-2022, 4:29 PM
Thanks all. I went with the Bosch hose. It will be here Saturday.

Good choice Mike. The smaller Festool hose is really nice, maybe not $135 nice though.

William Hodge
08-26-2022, 6:11 PM
Home Depot has these different sized rubber connectors in the plumbing department. They come in all different sizes. They're great for attaching all different kinds of hoses to each other, and to various tools.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fernco-1-1-2-in-x-1-1-2-in-DWV-Flexible-PVC-Coupling-P1056-150/100058870

I like the Bosch hoses. For whatever reason, I don't seem to get static charges building up when sanding.

johnny means
08-26-2022, 6:24 PM
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/35mm-hose-end-cuff-fitting-for-euro-power-tools-woodriver?gclid=CjwKCAjw3qGYBhBSEiwAcnTRLk997bNqXS KOonnWZhKO4FIFZhgQElOwFf7HhuryBlHON2WOw1je0xoCchwQ AvD_BwE

Paul F Franklin
08-26-2022, 6:51 PM
I'm late to this party, but I like using a smaller (22mm?) hose for the domino and my sanders. Still moves plenty of air/chips/dust but is a lot lighter and more flexible.

My favorite is a very light hose that has a fitting on the end that fits the domino and festool sanders perfectly. I bought it many years ago and thought it was a bosch hose, but I can't find anything exactly like it for sale now.

Derek Cohen
08-26-2022, 8:45 PM
The Mirka 22mm and 27mm hoses are antistatic, and both lighter/more flexible and cheaper than Festool offerings. Very nice. I have these plus the Festool 27mm and the Bosch (blue) 35mm antistatic hoses. All high quality and should last for many years.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Jim Dwight
08-27-2022, 5:31 PM
I have used the Bosch hose that Mike linked for several years with my Domino XL and also my DeWalt track saw and my Bosch DEVS 1250 sander. It's a good hose at a much better price than the festool and is definitely not too large for the Domino in my opinion. You don't need an adapter, the hose just fits onto the domino tightly. My track saw also does not need an adapter but the sander requires the adapter it came with. I switched my tool power cords to computer style connectors - including the Domino - so I attach the power cord and the hose to each tool as I change. In other words, I have my own version of the Festool system.

Dave Sabo
08-28-2022, 10:07 AM
Thing is, Mike got the 500, not the XL.

The Bosch is a good size for a tracksaw. And for a grinder based sander like the 1250 it really doesn’t matter because those things are so unwieldy to begin with. But for a small palm sander with 2-3m. orbit it’s a bit clunky.

And let’s not forget the value that the interchangeable ends add to the mix. That bosch can’t be connected securely to a Makita sander or other tools that have a narrow diameter port. For a short while only rockler addressed this with their connector system. Only prob. is their vac hoses are too stiff or need constant tension to keep stretched. The cen-tec addressed both issues at a cheaper price too boot. It’s not the steal it once was but is still a good value.

The Bosch hose isn’t bad , I have one myself. It’s just the cen-tec is more flexible in several respects, which is why I rec it over the bosch now.

Mike Congiusti
08-28-2022, 8:49 PM
Might be a moot point as I ordered the Bosch and the USPS should have delivered it Saturday. I received a message from Amazon if it does not show up by the 30th I can request a refund. If that's the case I will re-look at the cen-tec.

Jim Dwight
08-31-2022, 9:35 AM
Dave, I've never used the smaller domino and was thinking the port is the same size as my 700, perhaps it is not. But I used to use my Bosch hose regulatrly with a little DeWalt orbital sander. The fitting that came with the sander fit the bosch hose perfectly. Just as the fitting that came with the big Bosch 1250 fit the hose perfectly. I have not used the Centec you like, perhaps I would like it better. But the Bosch works very well for me.

I agree the 1250 is a big sander shaped like a buffer or grinder but I don't think it is unwieldly. I use it one handed when I need to and with finer grits of paper it can be managed nicely with one hand even in turbo mode. A smaller sander would be easier to use but would also prolong the sanding chore. The 1250 gets it donei in the minimum of time and does a good job. It or my 18V Milwaukee does all my sanding currently.

Eric Arnsdorff
08-31-2022, 9:30 PM
Heated up PVC pipe and/or fittings can make any size adapter and it's very easy to do.

Dave Sabo
09-01-2022, 9:19 AM
Dave, I've never used the smaller domino and was thinking the port is the same size as my 700, perhaps it is not. But I used to use my Bosch hose regulatrly with a little DeWalt orbital sander. The fitting that came with the sander fit the bosch hose perfectly. Just as the fitting that came with the big Bosch 1250 fit the hose perfectly. I have not used the Centec you like, perhaps I would like it better. But the Bosch works very well for me.

Festool ports are all the same two sizes. It's not a question of fit, the bosch end is a great match for the ports on pretty much all European tools. For me, and others, it's about how thick (wide) and stiff the hose is. Like I've already stated - it's fine for big tools like a saw/planer, or big domino. For smaller tools like a palm sander, multi-tool, domino500, ect.....a narrower , more flexible hose is preferable. And, there are smaller more flexible hoses than the bosch. That doesn't make the bosch bad or unworthy- quite the contrary.

I agree the 1250 is a big sander shaped like a buffer or grinder but I don't think it is unwieldy. I use it one handed when I need to and with finer grits of paper it can be managed nicely with one hand even in turbo mode. A smaller sander would be easier to use but would also prolong the sanding chore.

I think you're an army of one on this point. One handed in rotary mode ? :eek: I have a healthy skepticism about that. But if it works for you, great. I do wonder if yours is partially broken though.

Heated up PVC pipe and/or fittings can make any size adapter and it's very easy to do.

with the cost of PVC pipe these days - that woodcraft fitting looks like a bargain comparatively speaking.