PDA

View Full Version : wine for the REAL woodworking connoisseur

Brent Beelby
01-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Check out this bottle of wine I found the other day. I HAD to buy it, bring it home and take a pic of it for you guys.

Cheers, Brent

Cecil Arnold
01-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Yes, but how does it taste?

Doug Jones
01-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Yes, but how does it taste?
A little gritty.:D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-23-2006, 1:25 AM
I think that winery is right in, or at least near my hometown of Kelowna BC.

I believe they make some fairly good wine, the winery was bought up by a large mega company a while back, but on this occasion it has only let to better equipment, and marketing.

How do you like the wine?

Cheers!

Chris Curry
01-23-2006, 2:49 AM
I was ammused to see a bottle in an unrelated display just this past week - equine actually. I picked it up to look and see they used a Niagara Falls address and a quick Google just returned "grown in the Niagara Peninsula and bottled by Sawmill Creek -- from Vincor, Canada's largest wine corporation."
Stu - if I were a beting man, I'd say you were right. Originally anyway. But, alas, we live in a global village, big business, megers, buy-outs, no one cares about heritage anymore.
If I hadn't seen a number of your other posts, I'd have graoned - Cheers indeed! Chris

Kevin Murdock
01-23-2006, 8:04 AM
Somehow, I think that this bottle is against the TOS. :D

John Miliunas
01-23-2006, 8:31 AM
Now that is just way cool, Brent! I'm not much of a wine drinker, much less a connoisseur but, I'd love to have a bottle of that just sitting on the shelf in my shop! :D :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2006, 8:38 AM
Brent, that is neat! I am not much of a merlot man myself, but still very cool.

Dennis Peacock
01-23-2006, 10:41 AM
So Brent......

When ya gonna send me a bottle????;)

John Shuk
01-23-2006, 5:07 PM
Oh come on. We have plenty of WHINE around here.
Sorry

Frank Chaffee
01-23-2006, 6:13 PM
Now that is just way cool, Brent! I'm not much of a wine drinker, much less a connoisseur but, I'd love to have a bottle of that just sitting on the shelf in my shop! :D :cool:

Brent, that is neat! I am not much of a merlot man myself, but still very cool.
Tell you what guys,
Let’s do a group buy on a case. I’ll drink the wine and you can have all the empties for display.
Thirstily awaiting your replies,
Frank

BTW: I just received my Sawmill Creek hats today, so now I am really cool???