PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad from the shop

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Today I was working on the Cradle for my som and his wife. I went pretty good, then I decided to do some "spinny". Guess it's been too long off the lathe. Had a great little (Not itty bitty) hollow form in ash that I was going to change into a box with a Walnut lid. It was going real well. The wall thickness was getting right where I wanted it except at the transition with the bottom. Last little touchup wandered into the bottom and you know what happened. :eek: That's the Half moon you see in the first picture.:mad: Hope to save it.:rolleyes:

The Good stuff, while not turning, is to wet your appetite for the completed cradle, which I'll post in the right place.:D

These are the end panels of curly cherry sanded to 220 and wiped with a coat of oil. I'm planning to keep sanding to 400, then oil again and use Garnet Shelac for the finish.:p :p

Bruce;)

Couldn't post pic's Will try again.

Jim Dunn
01-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Uh Bruce, your pics didn't stick.

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Sorry!.........That's what I said in the postscript. The pictures are in #2 and #3

Bruce

Bill Stevener
01-22-2006, 11:23 PM
OK, you got me running around now, been to #2, now at, I think #3, still looking for #1, I'll get it soon.
Where is the cradle?

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Still in the process!

Bruce