PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi CB 75F 14" bandsaw

Randall J Cox
08-11-2022, 8:15 PM
Does anybody have any experience with this specific bandsaw? It has a 3.5" wide blade so it must be pretty strong to be tension a blade that wide. Any pros or cons? thanks. Randy

Jim Becker
08-11-2022, 8:34 PM
No experience, although I actually touched one years ago. They were a decent dedicated resaw machine back in the day.

Phillip Mitchell
08-11-2022, 9:07 PM
I have used one a bit in a pro shop where I apprenticed. I think if you are doing a lot of re-sawing within the limited capacity of that saw (maybe ~10” or less resaw height? Can’t remember...) and you replace the motor with something more robust, and you have the extra space for a dedicated resaw and you can get it fairly cheap, then ok, sure. Many of them came with 120v universal motors which were loud and underpowered.

Otherwise I didn’t feel like it did a better job than various Italian saws I have either used or owned and would much rather operate a Euro saw everyday of the week and have the flexibility and practicality of them over the single function Hitachi.

Do you already have a bandsaw and what would your use / expectations be for the Hitachi?