PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Steelers

Christopher Pine
01-22-2006, 6:25 PM
Congrats to Steelers... Denver couldn't get past there defense!!! Nicely done! This is what the playoffs are all about the best team won today. I wish them well in the Big Game!

Chris Pine
Denver Bronco Fan watching the game at home along with my team :)

Charles McKinley
01-22-2006, 9:58 PM
Time to get on the BUS for Detroit. I hope that Bettis can retire a happy man.

Scott Coffelt
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I was rooting for them, for two reasons OK four, 1) I hate Denver for obvious reasons, 2) they were my childhood team as I grew up a Steelers fan, still am though I root for the chumps as well, 3) I'd like to see the bus win a SB ring. I guess I'll have to break out the Steelers banner I have in the bar., 4) how can you not like Bill C., his expressions are epic.

Steve Knowlton
01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Should Be A Good Game, But Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Hard to pick which team to root for, love the Steelers from way back, but I'd sure like to see the Seahawks win, make history!!

Hope it will be a good game, I hate blow-outs.

I have to get up and watch the game here, I think kick off is at 8:30 AM MONDAY :eek: Japan time.....

Sorry Honey, I'll be a bit late to the L shop this morning..... :D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Talk about mixed emotions! I've always referred to the Seattle team as the Sea Squabs! I'd like to see Bettis retire with a ring and yet, the Seahawks is the first professional sports team in the Pacific Northwest to have a chance to win a championship! It'll be pandemonium here in the N/W for the next couple of weeks!:confused:

Doug Jones from Oregon
01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Talk about mixed emotions! I've always referred to the Seattle team as the Sea Squabs! I'd like to see Bettis retire with a ring and yet, the Seahawks is the first professional sports team in the Pacific Northwest to have a chance to win a championship! It'll be pandemonium here in the N/W for the next couple of weeks!:confused:
I have to agree, I'm pulling for Seattle all the way. Having been a pioneer season ticket holder, it would be great to do the victory dance.

But, I thought I remembered a couple of basketball teams, Sonics and Blazers, making some pretty big games..not that I really consider basketball a professional sport.

Now all we have to do is get the Mariners to play strong for an entire season and post season......one can dream...can't they?

Doug

Joe Pelonio
01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Now all we have to do is get the Mariners to play strong for an entire season and post season......one can dream...can't they?
Doug
Keep dreaming, it's not going to be much better for NW baseball fans this year. I think the superbowl is going to be a really exciting close game and could go either way. I'll be cheering on the Seahawks, of course, but whatever happens this season has been really memorable for us, and there will be a lot of excitement around here for the next two weeks.

Lee DeRaud
01-23-2006, 12:41 PM
But, I thought I remembered a couple of basketball teams, Sonics and Blazers, making some pretty big games..not that I really consider basketball a professional sport.Um, yes, NBA championships for both, '79 and '77 respectively.

And just how much money do the players have to get paid before something becomes a "professional" sport?:eek:

Doug Jones from Oregon
01-23-2006, 4:27 PM
Well, now my championship shirts, hats and stuff are ordered and I've been sticker shocked on the price of tickets to see the game in person....won't be happening!

I think I'll do the next best thing and drive up to Seattle and visit an old hangout and watch the game with some of my buddies from the 'hood.

Just so excited for the Hawks I can hardly bring myself to get any work done!

Doug

Jerry Olexa
01-25-2006, 1:09 PM
Steelers have amazed everyone. They were the underdog in every playoff game and on the road. Big Ben is playing like a seasoned pro and they are well coached. I don't like them being the favorite by 3 in Sup Bowl..