PDA

View Full Version : Pic Test - Take 2

George Conklin
01-22-2006, 6:24 PM
Hope this works.
It's Cherry. 1/4"thick X 7-3/4 wide X 2-3/4 tall. What makes this one so special is,,,

I didn't blow it up or send it into orbit! No bad words were said during the making of this bowl:D

George

Jim Becker
01-22-2006, 6:28 PM
Very nice, George. One of my favorite bowl forms.

You may want to consider keeping your pictures to 600-700 pixels wide so that folks don't need to scroll their browser windows to see the whole image. This accomodates most people who are on the net today.

George Conklin
01-22-2006, 6:28 PM
I think I need to work on my picture postiings:eek: .

Whats the trick to making them small and when you click on them they enlarge?

I'm using photobucket to upload my pictures to.

George

George Conklin
01-22-2006, 6:30 PM
Very nice, George. One of my favorite bowl forms.

You may want to consider keeping your pictures to 600-700 pixels wide so that folks don't need to scroll their browser windows to see the whole image. This accomodates most people who are on the net today.

Thanks, Jim

We'll give that a try.

George

Andy Hoyt
01-22-2006, 7:03 PM
Jim - The admins here actually prefer that you upload directly to SMC. Here's what Keith said:

We do prefer that pictures be uploaded directly to SMC rather than using an offsite host. When Links or hosts change the picture will no longer be associated with the thread. Later on when we offer SMC on DVD's the pictures that aren't on our server won't be included on the disks and won't be available for offline viewing.

The SMC archives are always available, we don't delete threads after a period of time. Remember that we are just the Current Members and there may very well be several generations of woodworkers that will be here long after we are gone. It would be a shame to lose all the hard work that everyone puts into their posts and not have them available in the future. Your grandson may very well be here one day reading your messages and looking at the pictures that his Grandfather shared :)

What happens when SMC gets too large for our server? The vBulletin software we use is capable of spreading the load across multiple servers. We can easilly host the database from one machine and the pictures and other support documents from another and in the future we can split SMC across many machines if necessary.

Those of you who are concerned about ownership of your pictures our TOS clearly states that you remain the owner of your pictures. Some forums assume ownership of all pictures that are uploaded, SMC does not. We simply have the right to publish them which is necessary for you to share them here in the first place..
And here's how to do it. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25115

Bernie Weishapl
01-22-2006, 7:21 PM
Nice job George. Look really nice.

Ernie Nyvall
01-22-2006, 8:35 PM
Nice bowl George.

Ernie

Keith Burns
01-23-2006, 8:14 AM
Great classic bowl George ! Nice form and finish:)

John Hart
01-23-2006, 9:32 AM
Nice looking Bowl George!...The Pic is kinda small now though so I can't see any details in the wood...But the form is pleasing!:)

George Conklin
01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks y'all. And thank you Andy for the linky on how to do the pic correctly. Hopefully my next pic will be better.

By the way. The finish, even though you really can't see it in this pic:rolleyes: , is Mike Mahoneys Walnut Oil Finish.

George

Bob Noles
01-23-2006, 4:45 PM
George,

Maybe just a test picture, but the bowl is really nice. Especially fond of the simplicity and clean looks.

Frank Chaffee
01-23-2006, 6:00 PM
George,
While your bowl form is classically beautiful, I would also like to commend your photographic skills. The shallow depth of field and vague background you chose allow much more detail of the bowl to be presented here within the SMC size constraint of just over 100 little somethingorothers.

Well done on all fronts!
Frank

Andy Hoyt
01-23-2006, 6:05 PM
Way to go George. Much better on the pics.

And the bowl aint too shabby either.