PDA

View Full Version : It happened without me realizing!

Richard Neel
01-22-2006, 11:40 AM
How does it happen? I didn't even notice until recently. I started off with the best intentions. You know, I bought a TS, router, jointer, bandsaw etc. But somehow along the line, these strange devices started following me home from Woodcraft and arriving on my front doorstop. I layed them all out on my bench just now and realized, "something MUST be wrong with me". Is there anything that can be done at this point? 12-step programs or anything?!

Seriously, I just got the LN 4 1/2 and the dovetail saw in recent weeks and thought I'd post a little gloat. They are SO nice.

Mike Wenzloff
01-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry to say Richard, once infected there is no cure.

Very nice start to a hand tool world!

And yep, very nice gloat! I know people who have sold their infills once they used a nocely set up LN #4 1/2.

Take care, Mike

Michael Gibbons
01-22-2006, 12:35 PM
The only 12 step program I know of is to return to the store 12 times and purchase 12 more tools which might help with your anxiety 12 fold.:rolleyes: It's only a problem if you admit it!

Mike Wenzloff
01-22-2006, 12:36 PM
The only 12 step program I know of is to return to the store 12 times and purchase 12 more tools which might help with your anxiety 12 fold.:rolleyes: It's only a problem if you admit it!
:D That's almost so true it hurts!

Mike

Mark Stutz
01-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I may have to try that!:D :eek:

Tyler Howell
01-22-2006, 1:34 PM
Sad but true Richard. But you'll be a better man for it.

Alan DuBoff
01-22-2006, 1:35 PM
At least some of the good ones are following you home, it always pays to get good tools!

Jerry Palmer
01-23-2006, 2:01 PM
Hey, for me handtools was the 12 step program for ridding myself of the Turning Addiction.

At least now my other tailed tools do get used for something other than cutting up stuff to spin in circles.

tod evans
01-23-2006, 2:41 PM
only problem i see is they`re all new, just wait `till you start on rust:)...02 tod

Roy Hatch
01-24-2006, 5:08 PM
Richard, Some people put their money in the market - some invest in tools.
These tools just might beat Ford or GM. Besides, I'd rather look at these than a stock certificate. And what can you make with a certificate?
Perhaps it's time for more of us to review what we're doing with our money.

Dave Anderson NH
01-26-2006, 5:25 PM
Congratulations Richard. You are on the way to a cure, A cure of the power tool addiction that is.:D Seriously though, you will find as you develop hand tool skills that your overall work will improve. Most significantly you will begin to be much more aware of the grain of the wood and how wood moves and behaves. It will pay immense benefits no matter what type of woodworking you choose to do.

Jerry Olexa
01-28-2006, 1:13 PM
Great gloat....Nice tools. Now, make something.Enjoy..