PDA

View Full Version : Sure is a cute thing. And, it is all Koepke's fault!!!

John Keeton
07-07-2022, 4:35 PM
I took in Jim's thread "Just Looking" and a couple days later I stumbled upon what I feel was a decent price on an LN No. 1. Recalling Jim's statement "My LN #1 does actually get used on occasion" pushed me over the edge!

I bought it from an older (my age!) Italian fellow in Illinois that makes and restores violins and celli as he calls them. He said he bought it the first year they were made and consulted with Tom Lie-Nielsen on developing the small block plane as no one was making one at the time. Had a great time corresponding with him and that kind of makes this one a bit more special.

Got it cleaned up, sharpened the blade and I am impressed with it. Whether it ends up being a long time resident in the shop remains to be seen, but for the moment I am pleased with it. Fortunately, I don't have big hands, so the grip actually feels pretty good!

Jim Koepke
07-07-2022, 5:41 PM
Hopefully John you will enjoy using this cute little thing as much as mine has been for me.

jtk

Scott Winners
07-08-2022, 5:17 AM
Glad to see your draw knife sale proceeds going to a good use. I have a few sizes of handplane I use rarely, but no sizes in stock I am anxious to be without.

Frederick Skelly
07-08-2022, 8:02 AM
That's neat. I wanted the LN, but settled for the Wood River version when they were $125.
I use mine too.

Enjoy!
Fred

Thomas Wilson
07-08-2022, 1:13 PM
Now you be able build that Studley tool chest replica you have always wanted to build.