View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
07-04-2022, 1:00 PM
4 Jul 2022

Greetings,
I didn't spend any money on fireworks this year, everything else has gotten so expensive now. I got back a bit ago buying eight 5" long bolts, 25 washers and 10 nuts for the 3/8" bolts (stainless as I don't like rust on my custom work for beds) and that was $60 for the hardware only. I guess I need to find better places to purchase bolt, washer, and nut hardware items!
The LOML got me a Traeger grill for Father's day and my birthday combined. I will be trying that out today. Already set it up and "seasoned" it like the book said. So now, today, I will cook on it for the 1st time. No shop time this past week as I spent most of the time off from the day job working in the yard and getting my zero-turn commercial mower serviced and repaired. I say repaired because I couldn't get one of the blade off of it, even with an impact wrench and the shop said that it required heat from their torch to get it out. Now I have a new bolt, washer, and mower blade. All others were changed out by me without issue.

We are now getting heat and humidity warnings from the local weather service so I guess I can truly work on slowing down my woodworking until cooler temps arrive in mid-to-late September.

That's it for me and Happy Independence Day to each of you! What did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
07-04-2022, 5:37 PM
"Productive" week in a sense for me, outside of several days of sciatica pain that was "not fun". :( The week started out with being the "rock and stick" picker as my neighbor finished up re-grading the lot next door...which he subsequently had seeded by his landscapers. I'm in charge of watering it, so each day, that's been something I keep track of...place the big sprinkler and move it about 30 minutes later. LOL Exciting. Meanwhile...I finished building and completed a coffee table for my younger daughter and her SO for their "very compact" apartment. There will be a thread about that in Woodworking Projects in a bit. Also bought a bunch of closeout 6x6 pavers to deal with an area just behind our patio, between it and the house which is currently mulched and uncontrollable. I almost broke my trailer bringing that stuff home...I kinda forgot how much it weighed...

This week is a little CNC work for a friend, perhaps taking care of that patio project and I'll go on from there.

Todd Trebuna
07-04-2022, 8:24 PM
I didn’t buy any fireworks either. My neighbors like to light em off starting a few days before going to a few days after. I did get some shop time today, finishing a shave Horse. I am working on a walnut Rocker for my first Grandchild and hope to complete a Windsor chair in the future. This is an adjustable shave horse with an optional spoon carving head. 482229482230

Aaron Rosenthal
07-04-2022, 8:26 PM
Finally got my jointer to an acceptable even-ness (is there such a word?) so I can use it; bought a Grripper because I get older, I get more cautious. Yes, SawStop.
I'm making a couple of shop projects, and trying to get some higher grade cabinets finished, but need to get my foster son in a good mood (15YO, it's a battle to pry him from the computer) and help me set the 4x8 on sawhorses to rough cut the tops.
I'm selling off 3 hand planes, and getting a Custom #4, built for my increasingly arthritic hands.
Unfortunately, a lot of my time has been settling my son's affairs.
My religious organization is starting a major spruce-up of painting and lighting upgrades, and I'm in charge - lucky me!
The forests are safe for the next little while.

Paul F Franklin
07-04-2022, 9:30 PM
Nice looking shave horse Todd! Dennis, look forward to hearing how you like the grill.

I finished the family room sheetrock repairs, wired up the new receptacles, and painted. Put up the new drapery rod and drapes. Actually spent a little time in the shop making a spacer to go behind the new air return grille. The old one was 3/4 thick and the only ones I could find locally were 1/4, so I made a spacer to make up the difference so the trim doesn't look too dorky. Got some flooring laid in the hallway too.

Mary and I have taken up playing disc golf, in part to replace the exercise we used to get walking the dog, and in part just to have a "joint" activity. We both suck at it, but we're enjoying it.