PDA

View Full Version : TS opened end wrench

Doug Jones
01-21-2006, 5:16 PM
My table saw open end wrench has helped change its last blade. Any ideas as to where I can get another one? The regular wrenches are way to thick to fit between the blade and the arbor fitting. I could grind a regular wrench down to the thickness needed as Steve Clardy suggested, but I still would like to have an original replacement. Any ideas???
Thanks,
Doug

Jim Becker
01-21-2006, 5:27 PM
I got a second one for my Jet...from Jet. (I wanted to do two-wrench blade changes which my saw allows for)

Bart Leetch
01-21-2006, 5:29 PM
"I could grind a regular wrench down to the thickness needed as Steve Clardy suggested"

Thats what I did for my Unisaw.:eek: I had a wrench that I had purchased at a pawn shop & using an angle grinder ta-da 10 minutes & I had a real nice wrench custom fit for my saw. Much better than the wrenches they are providing with the saws these days.:D Go for it Doug.

Tyler Howell
01-21-2006, 5:37 PM
Go to the dealer. There is usually a part number in the parts list.

Doug Jones
01-21-2006, 5:40 PM
I got a second one for my Jet...from Jet. (I wanted to do two-wrench blade changes which my saw allows for)
Thanks Jim, some times its hard to see the forest through the trees. I'll do that first thing Monday, offices are closed weekends.

Mean while, I'll give Steve's and Bart's suggestion a go.

Steve Clardy
01-21-2006, 6:37 PM
Or. Get a radial arm saw wrench from sears.
Check the size though. My sears are saw wrench fits my griz saw.

Marcus Ward
01-21-2006, 9:51 PM
Go to a bike shop and get a cone wrench. They're really really narrow for adjusting the bearings on bike wheels. They'll fit (if your arbor is metric).

Dar Lounsbury
01-21-2006, 11:34 PM
The automotive trade has a 'tappet' wrench. Snap-on, Matco, Sears and others all make them. They are very thin, quite long and very strong. Should easily out last the saw.

Dar