PDA

View Full Version : Well, that sux

Rob Littleton
01-21-2006, 4:54 PM
:(

My wife blessed me with a 2 speed grinder for my Christmas present.

The only chance I have had to get out the shop and tidy up was today.

Removed the old Ryobi one speed from the mount and installed the 2 speed grinder from Woodcraft.................

turned the thing on to low speed.............hummmmmmmmm

turned the power off, switched to high speed, turn the power back on and it runs at the low speed :-(.....now I gotsta ship the puppy back and wait while they ship me a new one . double :-(

I hope they have some kind of shipping reimbursement program, dis ting heavy !!!!!

Oh well, hope it aint nothing like the Starrett tape return........

I'll let you know.

thanks for listening

Steve Clardy
01-21-2006, 6:39 PM
Well. Things happen.

Chris Curry
01-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Rob:
As I have to keep reminding the young lad, "Who said life is fair?"
Don't hold you breath for a shipping reimbursement program. But miracles do still happen. :rolleyes: Just yesterday I called to a company who had a product mislabled. It said metric on one side of the package and SAE on the other. Not realizing this, I came home with the wrong set. They where shocked to hear of the marketing boo-boo and are sending me the other set for free, to my door. I did feel a bit badly since the set was 75% off regular price. But, that soon passed and now I just feel GOOD.:) Hope it works out for you.
Chris

David Abel
01-22-2006, 12:32 AM
:(

My wife blessed me with a 2 speed grinder for my Christmas present.

The only chance I have had to get out the shop and tidy up was today.

Removed the old Ryobi one speed from the mount and installed the 2 speed grinder from Woodcraft.................

turned the thing on to low speed.............hummmmmmmmm

turned the power off, switched to high speed, turn the power back on and it runs at the low speed :-(.....now I gotsta ship the puppy back and wait while they ship me a new one . double :-(

I hope they have some kind of shipping reimbursement program, dis ting heavy !!!!!

Oh well, hope it aint nothing like the Starrett tape return........

I'll let you know.

thanks for listening

guess we all have different requirements from our equipment. I've got a slow speed grinder (1725RPM). I'd be fine with it if it was even slower. All high speed does for me is overheat a tool's edge too quickly and makes it more difficult to control the grinding process. Slow is good! :)