PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction

Eric Shields
01-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Hello All,

Thought I would finally take the time and make an introduction after months of lurking here at SMC. I have been impressed with the amount of knowledge, information, thoughts and opinions here and your willingness to share it with those of us with less experience. I look forward to benifiting from your experience and in time passing along my own here at SMC.

At the moment my "shop" is more of a shop space, concrete walls and floor in the basement of my new (to me and LOML) house. Though half the basement if unfinished, it all cannot be mine :( However, LOML is VERY understanding of my passion for woodworking and has been very generious in the "negotiations." At the moment the space is approximately 750 sq ft with the possability of another 90 sq ft dependant on future decisions. Of course it will be a long time until this space becomes a shop (walls, floor, electrical, lights, and of course tools), but I hope you will be patient with the questions I ask and the progress I make. Let the transformation begin :D

Pictures are in the works and will post soon (600 x 900 ??????)

Happy Saw Dust

Eric

Brian Hale
01-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Welcome Eric!!

You're gonna like it here and i can tell already you're gonna fit right in seeing you already have the pic thing understood :D .

Don't shy about asking questions as the folks on here just love giving out their opinion.

Brian :)

tod evans
01-21-2006, 11:28 AM
welcome eric!

Frank Pellow
01-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Eric, welcome to Saw Mill Creek. I like to remind new members of just how valuable are archives are. There is lkots and lots of information there but, since you have been lurking for awhile, you might already know that.

It certainly sounds like you have negotiated for sufficient shop space, and I look forward to hearing and hrearing about your progress.

lou sansone
01-21-2006, 11:49 AM
happy sawdust to you also
welcome to the creek
lou

Bryan Somers
01-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Welcom Eric. Sounds like my shop is in similar condition to yours. Not to worry we will both get the shops where we want them to be. I have found these fine folks here to be quite helpful and am sure you will also.

Steve Clardy
01-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Welcome Eric!

Jim Becker
01-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Welcome aboard, Eric!

Jay Knoll
01-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the Creek Eric

Jay

Mark Rios
01-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey Eric! Nice to see ya (well kinda).

Promise to make your LOML lots of neato stuff for the house and maybe you'll get more room.:D

Jim Dunn
01-21-2006, 1:19 PM
Howdy Eric. Promise her anything and give her diamonds for more room and tools:)
Jim

Don Dean
01-21-2006, 6:53 PM
Welcome to the Creek Eric. The fishing is good and the water cool.

Bob Noles
01-21-2006, 7:32 PM
Welcome Eric.... It's good to have you with us. Make yourself at home and visit often.

Stefan Schoenberger
01-21-2006, 7:42 PM
Welcome to the Sawmill Creek!

Stefan

Corey Hallagan
01-21-2006, 7:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek Eric. You will like it here!

corey

Bernie Weishapl
01-21-2006, 8:24 PM
Welcome Eric. Lots of good folks and lots of knowledge here.

Michael Pfau
01-21-2006, 8:44 PM
Welcome Eric! You will have alot of fun here...

Jerry Todd
01-21-2006, 8:58 PM
Welcome to the creek. Wade right in and before you know it we will be learning from you.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the Creek Eric! From beginners to pros they're all here willing to lend an opinion or comment!

Eric Shields
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Though I must admit that it is not a surprise as I have seen many new members wade into the creek during my lurking over the past few months. As promised in my initial post, pics were taken last night and loaded onto the computer only to discover that my phone lines (thus my internet connection) was down. The techies at the phone company said it would they couldn't get out until Wednesday, possibly earlier IF there was a cancellation :mad: Lucky for me I can sneak in here from work :)

Eric

John Bailey
01-24-2006, 3:01 PM
Welcome Eric,

As you've found, the "Creek" is a great place. I wouldn't worry about having "only" 750 sq.ft. for the shop. Many here have that size and smaller. I'm just building mine, and I've intentionally made mine 400 sq.ft. to keep things at hand and easily maintained.

John