PDA

View Full Version : *Shameless Gloat* New Helper

Tom A Walker
01-20-2006, 3:30 PM
http://www.tomandjaime.com/wood_blog/wp-content/toolman.jpg

My new helper is Aidan. He was born to us on January 3rd. He was 7lbs 8oz but has put on weight fast. He was 34 hours old in this picture. He is amazingly alert for an infant! He's also got some big hands so he can help dad moving stock around in the garage.

The only bad part is that he's really cutting into my shop time right now! :D If you're the baby picture type, you can find more pictures of him here: http://www.tomandjaime.com/aidan/

tod evans
01-20-2006, 3:33 PM
congratulations tom! just wait he`ll be an even bigger help once he`s mobile:)

Jeff Sudmeier
01-20-2006, 4:38 PM
Tom,

Congrats and welcome to the world Aidan. You are lucky to be born to a great father!

John Shuk
01-20-2006, 4:49 PM
Tom,
Congrats! I'll be posting a thread like this soon myself. I have a bun just about ready to come out of the oven also. I'll have a cigar and think of you and the little guy. Hope Mommy is feeling well.
John

Anthony Anderson
01-20-2006, 5:05 PM
Tom, congratulations. What a beautiful baby you have there. You are very fortunate, but then again I didn't have to tell you that. Did I? That picture brings back great memories. Enjoy them while you can, because they grow fast. Thanks for sharing the picture. Best Wishes, Bill

Karl Laustrup
01-20-2006, 5:33 PM
A tool belt and is that a carpenters pencil he's using to scatch his head? :eek: :D

Look out David Marks, you've got competition.

Congratulations Tom and Mom. Aidan, learn from your dad and you'll be a great woodworker. ;) :D

Karl

John Bailey
01-20-2006, 8:29 PM
Aidan,

Good choice young man, you couldn't have done better.

John

Joe Mioux
01-20-2006, 9:19 PM
Tom: Congratulations!

That is a cute kid! He must take after his mother, because you look sort of plane.;)

Again Congratulations
Joe

Andy Hoyt
01-20-2006, 9:30 PM
Way to go Dad!

Buy diapers early, and often.

Jim Becker
01-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Wow!! Congratulations!!

Charles McKinley
01-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Congrats Tom!

Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting. Go buy some top coat now to protect those cast iron tops because shop time will be non-existant for a while. It is the most fun you can have though! Munchkins add a wonderful new dimention to life.

Vaughn McMillan
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Congrats Tom, great-looking son, and very gloat-worthy. Cool pic with the tool belt, too. And I'm pretty sure I agree with the comments about Aidan getting his looks from Mom's side of the family. ;)

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
01-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Congrats and best wishes to both, you and Moma!!! Nice job!!! :) :cool:

Jackie Outten
01-21-2006, 8:22 AM
Tom,

You guys did good!!! He's a good looking young man and he does look very alert. I see you are getting him started early.

Jackie

Ken Fitzgerald
01-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Congrats Tom! Life is truly good!

Gary Herrmann
01-21-2006, 3:01 PM
Congrats. You're in for the ride of your life.

Dennis Peacock
01-21-2006, 5:21 PM
Congrats Tom!!!!!! Sure is cute. Musta got the good looks from momma. ;) :D

Tom A Walker
01-24-2006, 8:55 AM
Thanks so much for your replies, folks! At the moment the house is a bit of a hospital ward. The little guy already has his first ear infection and a cold and mom has a sinus infection and a bad cold. It seems I'm the healthiest one right now with just a cold.

You are quite right about shop time being non existent! Its probably just as well since its cold out there and my shop isn't insulated...yet.

And, sorry to disappoint, but the kid is a dead ringer for me. I wish I could find my baby picture. It looks the same as his and mine looks the same as my dad's. Some powerful genes there ;)

Tom

Chip Olson
01-25-2006, 4:16 PM
Congratulations!

My little one turned a year old a couple weeks ago, and is ridiculously cute (in my entirely unbiased opinion, of course) and scarily mobile-- he walked at 9 months. His favorite things that he's not allowed to have, so far, appear to be booze and power tools... just in case I was in any doubt as to whether he was my kid. :-)

Oh, and he's the reason you don't see me much in the Creekers' Weekend Accomplishments threads. Shop time? What's that?