PDA

View Full Version : Laser Wattage / Resale

Drew Stokely
01-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I am looking to buy a laser in the coming weeks and am trying to land on the wattage I want to buy. For most projects, I believe 45 watts would be more than enough, but for some items I can see where the extra power would be very useful even at 100 watts or more. I'm not looking to fail right out of the gate (new business / professional hobby startup), but I would like to get an idea on what percentage of new value a clean machine should bring after the first year - 50% of new, 75% of new, etc? The reason I ask is that I am willing to spend more to increase the laser power for those just in case moments if the higher wattage lasers are holding their values. The ability to have the option does have some value to me. Can anyone advise as to an approximate resale percentage (ball park) and if it differs from the low wattage to the higher wattage machines. Thanks.

Glenn Corser
01-20-2006, 5:07 PM
Drew,

Contact Rob Bosworth at www.usedlasers.com (http://www.usedlasers.com). He is a good guy and he can give you some ballpark figures.