PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Problem

Kevin Johnson
01-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi All,

This is my first post and I hope to be able to draw on the collective wisdom of the "Creek". I am having a problem with one of my compressors. After reading about the wisdom of having an auto drain valve on my compressor, I purchased one from Harbor Freight. After I installed it, the first time that I used the compressor the plastic tube between the box containing the switch and the compressor blew. Since I needed the compressor right away, I figured that I would just put everything back the way it was and deal with the auto drain later. So I went to HD, bought a new length of tube and some new brass fittings. After installing the new parts, the tube blew again. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

If you want to see a diagram of what I am talking about, see this link (http://www.devilbissparts.com/OilFree%20pdf%20files/fb5020.pdf). The tube is part #31 in the diagram. Thanks

tod evans
01-20-2006, 11:02 AM
kevin, welcome to the creek! the tube #31 shows to be connected to the pop-off safety valve not the drain......02 tod

Steve Clardy
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Welcome Kevin!!

Jim Davenport
01-20-2006, 1:10 PM
Your problem probably is "heat". when I installed mine, I replaced the plastic tube and fittings with copper. The proper installation is to "T" the unloader line between the compressor, and the unloader valve.
Here's some photos of my setup.