PDA

View Full Version : making radiused mouldings part 1

tod evans
01-20-2006, 9:45 AM
several folks have expressed an interest in the process so here goes;
first layout your finished radius then come in an inch for fudge factor,using your pivot point bisect your arch at the desired segment length.....

connect the dots using any handy straight board and set a bevel gauge to the prescribed angle..

using the bevel gauge set the miter saw and cut your segments..

check the segments against your pattern....... end part 1

Shelley Bolster
01-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey - darn......I just found Part One and Part Two of the Radius Moulding after I read and replied to Part Three. I hope they don't get lost in the shuffle Tod, because you have done a great job of setting up the tutorial. Next time, you might want to put it all in one thread so they don't get scatter all over the page. Thanks for taking the time to do the the set up and pics.

tod evans
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey - darn......I just found Part One and Part Two of the Radius Moulding after I read and replied to Part Three. I hope they don't get lost in the shuffle Tod, because you have done a great job of setting up the tutorial. Next time, you might want to put it all in one thread so they don't get scatter all over the page. Thanks for taking the time to do the the set up and pics.

can`t post enough pictures to do it all at once. sorry

Vaughn McMillan
01-20-2006, 10:23 PM
can`t post enough pictures to do it all at once. sorry
I think you can if you do a "Reply" to your own post, then continue on from where you left off.

Thanks for the tutorial and pics, BTW. :)

- Vaughn