PDA

View Full Version : Posting photos on a private message

Mark Klika
04-19-2022, 10:09 AM
Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find it with a search. How do you post photos on a private message? I saw the "Insert Photo" icon and clicked it. A box appears to let you enter a jpeg but you can't copy and paste to it and typing the file name in manually doesn't work either. Haven't seen the usual paperclip for attaching files or a "Browse" option either. It doesn't seem to matter that I just re-upped my annual donation. Please explain it like you would to a 6 year old, and a dumb one at that. An average 6 year old has better computer skills than I do. TIA. Mark

Keith Outten
04-19-2022, 11:02 AM
Mark,

The answer is that you cannot attach pictures or any other files to a Private Message.

Mark Klika
04-19-2022, 11:08 AM
Thanks Keith! I thought it was me! Mark

Jim Becker
04-19-2022, 11:12 AM
If you need to include photos in a PM, you can't attach them as noted, but you can link to images hosted elsewhere.

Mark Klika
04-19-2022, 12:57 PM
Thanks Jim! Mark

John K Jordan
04-19-2022, 7:40 PM
If you need to include photos in a PM, you can't attach them as noted, but you can link to images hosted elsewhere.

There's a little trick. I "host" the photos on SMC in one of my albums. Click on the picture, click on the "BB Code" field to select it, then copy and paste the code into the PM.

This method also works in any message if for some reason instead of a thumbnail you want the photo to be displayed full size in the message like this:

https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=453072&d=1614280232

JKJ