PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #7 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
01-19-2006, 6:37 PM
Today was the pour of the floors in the new sections of what will be our house.

I arrived at about 7:15 and the pour was already underway. It went very well and the last truck pulled out at about 8:45. It was 11:50 when the crew had finished the the two floors. Smooth as a baby's butt they are.

One guy from the GC showed up to dig and install the drain tiles around the outside of the new foundation. He was having a hard time as the ground has taken on some frost again over the last few nights. And he kept hitting a lot of smaller pieces of sandstone, which is prevelent in the area. He was supposed to blanket the new pour and also our old basement floor tonight. Iguess it will then sit until next week. The exterior of the new foundation walls have to be coated before back fill, but I don't know when that is scheduled right now.

I'm guessing we won't get backfilled Monday. And the long range weather doesn't give us another mid to upper 30's until next Wednesday, so the masons may not get the two rows of block on until then. Summa gun, and we were moving right along there too.

And I still don't have electricity to the garage, so I can't even do any projects. :( No electricity until at least the 30th of January. :(

Thanks for looking.

Karl

John Miliunas
01-19-2006, 7:31 PM
So far, so good! Let's hope the weather decides to help you along a bit longer! :) No electrons until the end 'o the month??? :eek: Now that would be killing me! Oh well...Guess you'll just have to use your "shop time" cruising SMC! :D :cool:

Jim Becker
01-19-2006, 7:59 PM
Well...no shop, but you can still go shopping! LOL! Seriously, nice progress. So if you get a few days that don't cooperate weather-wise and slightly delay the remaining masonary, I think you'll still be sitting fine based on the progress so far.

Rob Littleton
01-19-2006, 9:39 PM
Hey Karl,

this thread has gotten my interest. Thanks for posting.

Did you happen to notice the first picture you posted and how beautiful the sunset behind those trees are? Nice photo..........

Dave Richards
01-19-2006, 9:56 PM
Looking good. Are you sure you shouldn't be out there mowing that lawn? :D

Karl Laustrup
01-20-2006, 6:11 AM
Hey Karl,

Did you happen to notice the first picture you posted and how beautiful the sunset behind those trees are? Nice photo..........

Yeah Rob, the sunrise was really beautiful. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. I had my flash on so the picture would show at least some of the work going on. Plus I didn't have my tripod and my body isn't that steady for a time lapse, which is what the picture required.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 282654" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Dave Richards</TD><TD class=alt2>Looking good. Are you sure you shouldn't be out there mowing that lawn? :D</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Daaavvveee, I've still got the snow blower hooked up to the JD. :D :D I [and a bunch of other cheeseheads] will be stunned if we don't get any more snow this season.

Thanks.

Karl

Dave Richards
01-20-2006, 6:25 AM
I will be surprised, too, Karl. We've got a tiny bit of snow but it's almost the same.

Steve Ash
01-20-2006, 8:33 AM
And I still don't have electricity to the garage, so I can't even do any projects. :( No electricity until at least the 30th of January. :(

Oh no...that's no excuse, all you need to do is run a long extension cord to John's house. Nothing like free power!

Progress is moving along quickly Karl, and your contractor and subs are doing a good job. Which I could get some of my subs to work that fast :(

tod evans
01-20-2006, 8:36 AM
karl, those guys are kickin` it in the butt! i hope you spring for lunch today? given what they`ve got done they deserve it! ...02 tod

Jeff Sudmeier
01-20-2006, 8:41 AM
Karl, looking good! Sorry about the small setback, but it is better to have them now when there is time to recover than later :)

Eddie Watkins
01-20-2006, 1:16 PM
THey are really making progress! I'm amazed at how fast it has gone from house to no house to nearly house again. I sure hope it keeps progressing this fast for you.

Eddie

Karl Laustrup
01-20-2006, 5:41 PM
Oh no...that's no excuse, all you need to do is run a long extension cord to John's house. Nothing like free power!

Progress is moving along quickly Karl, and your contractor and subs are doing a good job. Which I could get some of my subs to work that fast :(

Ssush!! Not so loud Steve.

See, I snuck down there and was going to plug into the DJ-20, but I was 2' 6-1/2" short. I know that, cause I used that Starrett digi tape that was on the bench to measure so I could go get some more cable. ;) :D :D

But don't say anything to Spring. :D :D

Karl

Jerry Olexa
01-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Karl I'm about 2 hours south of you and tonight we got about 6" snow. Hope you didn't so it won't mess up your concrete , curing etc. Looking good...

Karl Laustrup
01-21-2006, 5:54 AM
Jerry, we did get snow, but only about an inch. Glad the bulk of it stayed down your way. ;) :D And I think that it'll be gone by the end of the day today as it's supposed to be sunny and 35. Of course it's only 16 at 5 AM. BRRRRRRR!!

The fresh pour of the floor is all blanketed, so it'll stay nice and cozy. :D

This is Flake Out Festival weekend here, so the snow will help. They had to truck in snow from the local ski hill to do the snow sculptures.

Karl