PDA

View Full Version : 106th and 42nd today

Tom M King
04-18-2022, 8:27 AM
Azaleas, Dogwoods, and Lilacs are in full bloom. Leaves are all out, and still the early tender green color. Two young litters of puppies in the house. Bermuda grass is turning green, and waiting for the badly needed inch of soaking rain that's on the way, and today is my Mother's 106th Birthday, and Pam's and my 42nd Anniversary. All are healthy. Couldn't ask for more.

Jim Becker
04-18-2022, 10:30 AM
Congrats on both milestones!!!!

Dave Anderson NH
04-18-2022, 10:31 AM
Sounds like a great day to me. Congrats Tom.

Bryan Lisowski
04-18-2022, 3:06 PM
From what Tom has said, I may put some money on Tom’s mom still outliving a lot of us on here at this point. Think Fanduel would give me good odds?

All kidding aside congrats on both!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-18-2022, 4:01 PM
Congratulations on all of them!

Rod Sheridan
04-19-2022, 11:28 AM
Azaleas, Dogwoods, and Lilacs are in full bloom. Leaves are all out, and still the early tender green color. Two young litters of puppies in the house. Bermuda grass is turning green, and waiting for the badly needed inch of soaking rain that's on the way, and today is my Mother's 106th Birthday, and Pam's and my 42nd Anniversary. All are healthy. Couldn't ask for more.

Used the snow brush to clear off the car this morning:(

Congratulations on the birthday and anniversary.

Regards, Rod.

Alex Zeller
04-19-2022, 1:07 PM
I read the title and started trying to find where in NYC 42nd street and 106th street would meet. I was expecting a picture standing at the intersection. Amazing where our minds go with just a little information and past experiences. Glad things are going well down there for you. It snowed last night here but the ground isn't frozen so it's melting pretty fast. Maybe an inch on the ground vs the 6+ they said we could get.

Jim Koepke
04-19-2022, 3:48 PM
Good to hear Tom, our lilac is just starting to show leaves.

My head has been clouded by a kick butt cold the last few days. Haven't been able to get out and enjoy the spring flowers. We did have the latest snow on record for the area last week.

jtk

Ronald Blue
04-22-2022, 7:14 AM
Late to the party here but congrats to all. 106 is certainly quite a milestone. The things your mother has experienced. Congrats to you and your wife. These days 42 years is quite an accomplishment as well. I did mow this week for the first time. I might mow again tomorrow if it doesn't rain again. We've had plenty of rain so far and still waiting for spring to arrive temperature wise.

Mel Fulks
04-22-2022, 1:44 PM
Great day and great story ! But Tom has not given us any tips on ‘Mom- Maintenance’ !

Rich Engelhardt
04-26-2022, 9:18 AM
Congratulations all around!
My wife and I celebrated 41 years on the 18th also.